Question

App: Missing devices; reset now won't connect

• 13 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

The app isn’t listing all devices. Some devices in my internet app are disappearing. I had an unknown Switch connected so I disabled both switches until I could determine which MAC address was not one we owned. When I went to reconnect our switch, it was gone. I can’t find the disabled switch anywhere in the app or anywhere in my account.
Can I see disabled devices anywhere else?
We were also having spotty service this evening so I reset the Gateway and after resetting internet gateway the app no longer connects. The android phone is connected and to the WiFi but the app won’t connect to it at all, just spins and asks if I want to log out. If I log out the only option I have is to attempt to re-setup the gateway device.
1st problem - how can I connect a device that was disabled but is not longer listed in the disabled/enabled list of devices?

2nd how do get the app to operate again.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The devices are being disconnected due to inactivity.  Depending on the device, it might need to be manually reconnected to the wireless network.  

I am struggling with this too. And it’s not disappearing to do inactivity Because I use my robot vacuum everyday and accidentally disconnected it and it’s gone from my app. I’ve deleted the vacuum completely from my shark app and reinstalled and tried to connect it to the wifi all over again and it still won’t connect. It’s a dang $400 vacuum that won’t connect to the internet so it’s useless….. so if it’s disconnected and then disappears it will never reconnect again???

I have been going in circles all day with this. I accidentally disabled my phone and now it won't show on the device list. I reset my router and for a second it was back on the list but as soon as I connected my printer back to the wifi it seemed to change something maybe? All I know is when it was back on after resetting it there was 2 devices with my phones name, one was offline and the other was connected. I went to figure out if maybe the settings on the network were changed then it kicked me off the t-mobile internet app saying I needed to log into a network. If anyone has answers please don't leave me hanging. Thanks for your post as well I was worried it was just me

Badge

The devices are being disconnected due to inactivity.  Depending on the device, it might need to be manually reconnected to the wireless network.  

I find that answer puzzling.  The app I have lists devices I have disabled both in the app and also at the device- a double disable if you will.  So inactivity has been a thing for days, yet they are still listed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I find that answer puzzling.  The app I have lists devices I have disabled both in the app and also at the device- a double disable if you will.  So inactivity has been a thing for days, yet they are still listed.

Yes, because compatible devices should wake without issue.  A lot don't though amd need to be restarted to refresh the connection.  The same applies when they are disabled and re-enabled.

My galaxy is disabled on the app and there is no option to enable it.  I have spoken with numerous people at T-mobile and have tried everything. I'm so frustrated.