Better options for JOD

• 14 August 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

First off, where’s the suggestion section?  This is neither a question or a conversation.  Anyway, let’s get into it.

We need better options for JOD. I’m not sure what happens with traded or returned phones but paying all but $750 of a phone is not a good option with the way pricing of the phones are going.  That was nice when phones were $600 and under.  Now you can’t get a flagship phone for under $700 ($699) and with phones like the Folds that cost $1800, it’s unrealistic to expect someone to put down $1050 + tax and upgrade fee.  First off Google, what are you thinking?  I know you’re trying to stay priced with Samsung BUT for $1800 this should’ve at least been the Pixel 7 Pro Fold. You can’t only add a fold feature and double the price. I’m not getting double the phone, the specs aren’t even the same and the phone isn’t 2x the size.

Back to you T-Mobile.  I would suggest a payment that will put the phone at $750 for financing OR 20% of the phone down as an option.  I would also suggest NOT paying taxes on a phone you most likely won’t keep because they payment schedule is for 18 months which will leave a “lease balance” at the end anyway.  Here’s my suggestion:

• Pay down phone to $750 or 20% of phone (whichever is cheapest).
  • Pay off 60% of phone over 18 months or (80%).
  • Keep the phone by paying off the lease option of the remaining 20% plus taxes.
  • No upgrade fee for JOD since if you have JOD, you’ve been with the company for a long time.
  • Any phone over $1000, the insurance is $25/mo

If I’m being honest, even this isn’t good (at $60 but I’d take the $80) but it’s better than what we have now.  With this, I would still be paying $360 down for the phone and $60 - $80/mo with an upcharge of $7/mo for insurance.  I would likely JOD to the Fold (if it were a 7 Pro Fold) but I can’t see paying 2x as much for a phone I probably won’t want to keep for 1 year let along 18 months.

I’m the guy that jumped 4 phones in 5 months so the implementation of that upgrade fee years ago might be my fault but I’m sure you’re getting your money back on the phones. Cut us longtime customers a break and give the new customers a reason to stay.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!