• 4 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Ramiro A Castillo Jr. 

1433 Timberlane Drive 

Riverside, CA 92506

714. 366.0611

Dear Customer Relations Team,

I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction with the recent decision made by T-Mobile to revoke the credit I was given for a phone purchase. As a loyal customer of T-Mobile for over nine years, and previously a Sprint member, I have always valued the reliability and service provided by your company. However, the recent actions taken have left me feeling betrayed and disillusioned.

As a consumer protected by the laws of California, it is my right to expect fair treatment and to hold companies accountable for their promises. Under California law, specifically the Consumer Legal Remedies Act (CLRA) (Civil Code sections 1750 et seq.), consumers are protected against unfair and deceptive business practices. The CLRA prohibits deceptive acts or practices in connection with the sale of goods or services and allows consumers to seek damages, injunctive relief, and other remedies for violations.

Additionally, the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act (Civil Code sections 1790 et seq.) safeguards consumers like myself from deceptive warranty practices, ensuring that the terms agreed upon at the time of purchase are honored by the seller. This act applies to retail sales of consumer goods and requires sellers to honor any promises or commitments made regarding the sale, including credits or discounts promised at the time of purchase.

When I purchased the phone, I was assured by T-Mobile that I would receive a credit as part of the transaction. This credit was a significant factor in my decision to make the purchase. However, I was shocked to learn that T-Mobile has decided to retract this credit, despite my adherence to the terms of our agreement.

It is unacceptable for T-Mobile to go back on its word and charge me for a credit that was rightfully given. Not only does this breach of contract violate the trust I have placed in your company, but it also demonstrates a disregard for the laws that protect consumers in California.

I demand that T-Mobile honor the credit I was promised and uphold the terms of our agreement. Furthermore, I expect compensation for the inconvenience and frustration caused by this ordeal.

I trust that T-Mobile will rectify this situation promptly and restore my confidence in your company. Failure to do so will leave me with no choice but to pursue legal action to enforce my rights as a consumer.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely

Ramiro A. Castillo Jr. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is basically a user to user forum with some Tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you need to use messenger on one of Tmobile’s social media accounts to bring this issue up.