Question

can i use my metro pcs service a network loccked tmobile phone

• 23 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

If I have an account with metro pcs but my phone got broken... my dad got me a new phone from tmobile and a tmobile line..... I tried to take the tmobile phone to metro pcs and put my metro service on the phone instead of the new tmobile line, and the representative said that the phone was reported stolen. Now when I looked up the imei number it has not been reported stolen and don't know why it would be reported seen because the phone was brand new out the box. So I went and put the tmobile Sim card in there and activated the service and it worked and did not say anything about the phone being stolen. Why is that?? 

Can I take my old metro Sim card with service and put it in my new phone from tmobile, even though it's network locked since metro pcs is now tmobile  or do I have to get my device unlocked?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

depends on a few things...like

-did he purchase the phone outright or making payments/lease?

-how long has it been active on TMO? fully paid off devices usually have to be on their network for a minimum of 40 days..

once its cleared to be unlocked yes you can take it over to Metro..but it must be unlocked from TMO first.