Question

charging me $1k for a trade-in

• 4 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

So I have the upgrade anytime plan and received the up to $1000 promo for the S24 ultra by trading in my s23 which was unlocked... was told that since they refused me service in the store cause of my ID being digital... I did it over the phone.. TMO rep said I can have the down payment placed on my bill until they receive the trade in device...fast forward a couple weeks after they got my device I get a bill for $2500... how is it possible to trade in a device and still have to pay the down payment even tho my paperwork says that I should only owe $ 350?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The payment required when ordering, is the taxes, which are based on the full cost of the device.  Trade-in credits can take up to 2 months to appear on your account due to when your billing period is, the time to receive, evaluate, and process the trade-in, and then the time to credit your account.  You should reach out to Customer Care to check the status of your trade-in by calling 611 or by reaching out to the T-Force Team by sensing T-Monile a DM via Facebook or Twitter.  

Badge

I've talked to them and they swear I owe the amount for the down payment when the DP is my trade-in