Question

Chatbots

Badge

Chatbots has appeared on my One Plus phone SMS at the top of texts yesterday. I want to delete it. How?

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

actually its pretty much only reported on Samsung devices and OnePlus..none of the other manufacturers devices have it on them but are also running Googles texting app and not one of their own.

just took another glance through my LG V60 and chat features yes...chat bot no..

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i’ll have info on this in a few that i can add into here..i can say that its for sure a Samsung deal..ish...chat bot is their baby...i’ll have the rest of the info on why it started popping up hopefully today if not tomorrow ish.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

https://rcs.developer.samsung.com/develop/Introduction/overview.html

a grab from the link above

hatbots are the central component of Samsung RCS MaaP. They enable user functionality through conversational interfaces that simulate human conversation and allow brands to interact with their customers in new ways. For example, a travel company can provide its customers with a chatbot that lets their customers easily book an airline flight using conversational language

TMO however did need to agree with this however (as did OP wanting to get on the bandwagon with Sammy)

lots of info there to go through

it is/was supposed t be able to be turned off...not deleted..if you are unable to turn it off say so and i can try and see whats up with that.

hatbots are the central component of Samsung RCS MaaP. They enable user functionality through conversational interfaces that simulate human conversation and allow brands to interact with their customers in new ways. For example, a travel company can provide its customers with a chatbot that lets their customers easily book an airline flight using conversational language

TMO however did need to agree with this however (as did OP wanting to get on the bandwagon with Sammy)

it is/was supposed t be able to be turned off...not deleted..if you are unable to turn it off say so and i can try and see whats up with that.

Can you provide instructions on how to disable this on a OnePlus 8T? It just appeared on my OnePlus 8T and my search for how to remove it brought me to this thread.  I do not see a way to disable in the stock messenger app 

I am using a T Mobile OnePlus 8T

Stock Messenger app version 6.0.0.4.210225164113.91f57a8

Android 11 10/1/2021 security update 

Build number 11.0.13.15.KB09CB

I’ve had my OnePlus 8T 5G for a year now and just this past week Chatbots has shown up in my messenger, like the others, I want it gone and this isn’t resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Can you provide instructions on how to disable this on a OnePlus 8T? It just appeared on my OnePlus 8T and my search for how to remove it brought me to this thread.  I do not see a way to disable in the stock messenger app 

the option SHOULD be under the texts settings..then again the instructions on how to remove it are also in the link i provided above..since its a Samsung link but OP is also doing it im not sure if the same instructions will work on a OP as it is supposed to work on the Samsung side.

the option SHOULD be under the texts settings..then again the instructions on how to remove it are also in the link i provided above..since its a Samsung link but OP is also doing it im not sure if the same instructions will work on a OP as it is supposed to work on the Samsung side.

Maybe I misunderstood something but I am not sure how the fact that there SHOULD be some way to disable it helps if there is no way to ACTUALLY disable it.  If there ACTUALLY is a way to disable it, would appreciate any help you can provide for the more technically challenged people like me.  If you do not know, that is fine too but would rather you have just said that.  I do not see any way to disable it on the phone.

This seems like an issue with T Mobile branded phones.  This may be one more reason for me to stat buying unlocked (did just that with the Z Flip3).

As the other poster said, this issue definitely still exists, is NOT resolved, and just started happening again recently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

1-i dont own a OP...its supposed to have the ability to have it turned off like the Samsung side does. this is actually being checked out today by someone i know and im going to get a report back on it.

2-read the link..it litterally explains what chat bot is..as well as who added it..i already explained that OP also jumped on the band wagon on trying this chat bot system as did TMO but only with those two devices because again..Samsung created it...and OP wanted to join in on it as well since its a Beta and they were given the option to try it out.

1-i dont own a OP...its supposed to have the ability to have it turned off like the Samsung side does. this is actually being checked out today by someone i know and im going to get a report back on it.

2-read the link..it litterally explains what chat bot is..as well as who added it..i already explained that OP also jumped on the band wagon on trying this chat bot system as did TMO but only with those two devices because again..Samsung created it...and OP wanted to join in on it as well since its a Beta and they were given the option to try it out.

I am not attacking you, just pointing out that it is not Solved since that is what it says up top.  I do not see a way to disable it and spent a hours looking online for it so I came here for help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i have someone checking in on this..he finds the same thing on his side a report will be fired in to get it looked into. as of right now per the link (i mentioned this up above as well) it says how to turn it off but its Samsung saying how to do it..so odds are they were only mentioning how to on their devices that are running it. since its not able to be turned off on the OP im guessing when they were sent this and worked it into their set up turning it off or having an option to turn it off was forgotten.

kind of wish they would change out my original post as being the answer to the one that includes the link instead since the thread is asking what the heck it is

Got it.  Thank you for the follow up.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

ok so this is the answer i was given. chat bot can be turned off on the Samsung line but OP when they added it to their texting app did not include a way to turn it off..their forums are full of complaints about this.. so a bit on OP to fix this or not..was also told that the OP comes with both their texting app as well as Googles..personally if none of you want chat bots i would switch over to Googles texting app that is on the phone.

and or jump over to OPs chat forums and load it up even more about the lack of turning it off options.