Solved

Chatbots on Contacts

Badge

After an update this chatbots thing appeared. I want it gone. It is not necessary. Reading the questions here there many others do too. How to remove it from contact screen?

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 12 July 2022, 20:04

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i think it can be turned off on Samsung phones..OP phones i dont believe they allowed it to be turned off.. this is a OP and Samsung deal..

Badge

Does not appear to be a way to remove it. Samsung purposely makes it inconvenient to remove it, like so much forced retail software the code is embedded in a way the customer has to step over it. The hope is the thing in the way will generate more revenue by forcing itself onto the customer. More horrible tech manipulation and the consumer can do nothing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if im remembering right it was something Samsung created and was testing with and OP ended up joining in on testing it as well..could have sworn it could be turned off but not fully deleted since its part of their texting app. Google Messages does not have this.

at least not yet.

Badge

The purpose of this exercise is to find a solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

then i recommend heading over to Samsungs forums and see if there has been any mention of removing it..last i remembered it could only be turned off but not removed..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Roll back the app using an APK from APKMirror.  I suggest using your file manager instead of your browser to install it.  You might have to uninstall the update, if possible, from the app before overwriting it with the previous version.  Once done, don’t update the app and make sure automatic updates are off.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

or switch to a different messaging app…

there is a video in this forum that explains what chatbots are used for etc..

its basically an attempt to be like Alexa and Google assistant…

Ya I have it too funny thing is one min it's there and later it's gone. I think this is some sort of Spyware. Tmobile has also breachedcme 3 times . Time for lawyers I'm fed up with their tactics . Trying to replace my phone when i pay for ins and I'm denied false promos or they will not honor their promos ....yeah tmobile screwed up in a major way!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

theres literally a post right in front of yours with a video explaining what it is..and whom it belong to.

Well thanks for pointing that out, would have been nice too see had my phone shown me the rest of the thread, yet just another problem with my phone and or service provider that is constantly and ever so consistently pissing me off with poor quality that I’ve been sch a fool to put an ounce of trust in and keep giving them my hard earned money. I assure you I won’t be a fool any longer in doing so. Technology is a waste anyhow it’s sad how we have become unable to function without devices unable to interact with another human unless we have our tech. Truly sad! Hey thanks again wouldn’t have seen it otherwise as I had no intent to revisit, but since you pointed it out I couldn’t resist taking a peek at the culprit . So thank you and have a great day! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

yeah Samsung created it and OP decided to jump onto the Beta test wagon and run it as well..I have a LG V60 and they use Google Messages...I do not have this on my phone..Samsungs and OnePlus phones only.