Question

does anyone know when is OnePlus 10 pro getting Android 13 or oxygen OS13?

• 22 October 2022
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

When is OnePlus 10 pro getting Android 13 oxygen OS 13

31 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

When is the OnePlus 10 pro getting Android 13 oxygen OS 13 ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The non-carrier version or the T-Mobile version?  Android 13 is already available for the EU version and was released around September 30th (C.20).  It shouldn’t be too much longer, like a month or two maybe.  I don’t have a 10 Pro so I am not a part of the FUT program for that model.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

The non-carrier version or the T-Mobile version?  Android 13 is already available for the EU version and was released around September 30th (C.20).  It shouldn’t be too much longer, like a month or two maybe.  I don’t have a 10 Pro so I am not a part of the FUT program for that model.  

Considering he hasn't gotten the OxygenOS 13 update yet and he is literally asking this on the t-mobile forum; it's probably safe to assume he is asking about the T-Mobile version.

Userlevel 2
Badge

When is OnePlus 10 pro getting Android 13 oxygen OS 13

I just got the phone a couple days ago under the assumption OxygenOS 13 was already out for it and was disappointed. Hopefully somebody can answer

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There is no definite answer.  It will be ready when it’s ready.  There is a non-carrier NA/Global model as well that some people prefer to buy that is sold directly from OnePlus that is not SIM locked.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

I was told via chat that it should be out this month. We'll see if that actually comes to pass. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Considering he hasn't gotten the OxygenOS 13 update yet and he is literally asking this on the t-mobile forum; it's probably safe to assume he is asking about the T-Mobile version.

your second time posting in here..would you like to hear the story about what happens when you assume?

you’ll figure out pretty quickly that there is quite a gnarly mix of devices in here including ones from EU...hence asking.

Userlevel 2
Badge

your second time posting in here..would you like to hear the story about what happens when you assume?

you’ll figure out pretty quickly that there is quite a gnarly mix of devices in here including ones from EU...hence asking.

Right but the global models have already received the update so the point remains. He hasn't received the update because he has a carrier model and he is asking on a carrier's forum.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

carriers dont control said updates though. they give the OEM whatever it is they are wanting added and test after the fact but its still in this case in OPs hands..usually once there are no issues with whatever was added in (or issue free enough to pass) they kick it out.

oddly enough im not even seeing the 10 in the Android 13 update page..seeing the 7s 8s and 9s but no 10s.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

im actually a bit surprised it didnt come with 13 as well..

Userlevel 2
Badge

So I was told via chat that it would be out by the end of the month. Here we are and still no update. Believe this is the only version of the 10 pro that has not seen the Android 13 update. Just read that Samsung has released their Android 13 update. So we were right behind Google in releasing 13, but T-Mobile for whatever reason has not released for their carrier version. What’s the delay?

Badge

Ok, I'll add an explicit ask: I got a 10Pro from T-mo, and it's still running Android 12. If I had bought the unlocked version, I'd be running 13 now. 

So why isn't there any indication from T-mo about when this device will be updated? Why is this even a question? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Ok, I'll add an explicit ask: I got a 10Pro from T-mo, and it's still running Android 12. If I had bought the unlocked version, I'd be running 13 now. 

So why isn't there any indication from T-mo about when this device will be updated? Why is this even a question? 

The question is, why didn't you buy the unlocked version?  Most people know that carrier versions are slower to get their updates.  

Badge

Umm, is say it was bad decision-making. The list time I've had a carrier version was the Galaxy S8, and that worked out pretty well. This time, I needed to replace a problematic phone and they were offering "free" trades for the 10 Pro. I'm stuck with it for a while, and not entirely happy with it. I've at least managed to disable a lot of the bloatware, but it's still buggy. It's been many years since I had a phone with stability issues, and this phone is not very good that way.

I wouldn't mind getting a proper Android version update, and it's only a matter of time until I jump ship. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It is possible to convert it to the Global/NA firmware via the MSM Tool.  However, don't get your hopes up for any better of an experience.  The hope of Android 13 returning to more of a pure form of Oxygen OS was too much to hope for.  OPPO's influence is still heavily present and that is a part of the issues with OnePlus devices currently, whether they are on Android 12 or Android 13.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Not only did it not get Android 13 yet, but security update is still at September. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

OnePlus has never delivered monthly updates for security patches.  You will get the next security patch with the next OS update.  At this rate, probably November’s security patch with an update in December.  No guarantees that update will be to Android 13 though.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

OnePlus has never delivered monthly updates for security patches.  You will get the next security patch with the next OS update.  At this rate, probably November’s security patch with an update in December.  No guarantees that update will be to Android 13 though.  

It has always been bi-monthly up until this point. And India has received the October security patch. No matter how you look at it, Tmobile is just way behind.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It is possible to convert it to the Global/NA firmware via the MSM Tool.  However, don't get your hopes up for any better of an experience.  The hope of Android 13 returning to more of a pure form of Oxygen OS was too much to hope for.  OPPO's influence is still heavily present and that is a part of the issues with OnePlus devices currently, whether they are on Android 12 or Android 13.

There is no official MSM tool for the 10 pro

Userlevel 2
Badge

So now even the oneplus 9 has 13 but we do not.

https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-9-pro-oxygenos-13-stable-rollout/

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Looking at the stable build thread.  It seems that some would disagree with how stable the build actually is.  I wouldn’t expect the T-Mobile build to be based on this firmware version as there are some bug fixes needed to make it function better for users.  

https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1159700440913805320

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is just ridiculous how behind we are with updates and how does it work the the 9 gets it before the new version of OnePlus it doesn't make any sense 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Is just ridiculous how behind we are with updates and how does it work the the 9 gets it before the new version of OnePlus it doesn't make any sense 

easy..they were able to get their variant of 13 stable and cleared with testing by TMO before they could with the 10.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yet still not us. Sorry, but this isn't acceptable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Even the 8, 8 Pro, and 8T series all got stable Android 13 for India and NA (Global) yesterday morning.  The EU update will be the next focus because of Google's anti-competive behaviors are not permitted on devices destin for the EU, so "features" need to be changed to accommodate that.  Once the EU version is ready for devices, then OnePlus will begin work on the T-Mobile firmware variant.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Appreciate the info. But going forward this is a very bad look when we're the last in line. T-Mobile should no longer carry these phones if that's the way roll outs are being handled. I for one will never by a TMobile variant again.