Question

Enable internet via LTS network

• 14 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello, smart people. I am trying to use my Samsung Flip 3 internet when I’m away from my home router. How to I make “data internet” via LTE work? I’ve gone thru the T-Mobile tutorials and done a network reset. The phone re-acquired the proper settings, as I confirmed in the tutorials.

I have no problem getting to the ‘net via wi-fi on the phone. But when I turn off wi-fi or am in another location, I have no internet. After many hours trying to figure out how this works, I am now asking the smart people ‘cuz I couldn’t figure it out. What do I do? Again, this is a Samsung Z Flip 3 with Android 13 and the System is updated.

Thank you for your help

Joey Splats

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

your phones data is turned on? does it show LTE or 5G at the top of the phone? if not slide the top of the phone down for notifications but look for your data toggle and see if its turned on or off.

Badge

Thank you fireguy. I had the LTE indicator and it showed up/down activity. I did in fact RTFM and a bunch of other stuff and couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong,

However, unbeknownst to me when I had my local T-Mobile center include the phone on my existing account, they did not include data capability in the activation. YIKES! A call to a very nice Customer Service person at T-Mobile revealed this deficiency.

I appreciate your answer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

no worries. glad it got taken care of.