Solved

Facebook push notifications

Badge

It is bothering me so much! I am not receiving Facebook push notifications on my S23 Ultra. Is this happening to anyone else? Is it a FB issue or Samsung issue or my device?

Please help!!!

icon

Best answer by gramps28 26 April 2023, 03:12

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if all other notifications are working fine with the exception of FB then its safe to say its pointing at the app itself. might need an update or a fix from FB. you can also jump into the play store, go to the FB app then go down to comments and filter for your device..see what all has been posted about it and that app. good place to see if its just you or others with the same phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Go to your setting, apps and select Facebook and check the notification settings.

Badge

I have tried several fixes and nothing has worked!

We've had the same issue with 4 phones and with multiple apps. The post shows solved so was it fixed or did they just change it to solved since someone answered it?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

usually app issues must be taken care of by the app developer themselves to make them compatible with phones. since the S23 is a bit new they might be running into issues with said apps being compatible. might even pull up your play store...go to the app in question then go to comments about the app..adjust to either most recent or for your specific device and see what all people have been saying.  if all apps had issues with notifications then yeah i would look at the phone..but if its hit and miss with certain apps only then tossing it out 80% chance it isnt the phone causing it..

were one of said fixes uninstalling it and then re downloading it? actual uninstall..not just delete from wherever its at..fully yeeted.

Thanks. It's not just notifications. The S23 phones, all 3 versions, won't push the data. I can be sitting next to my wife while she sends the message and I don't get it. I have to have the app open to receice it, and even then sometimes I don't receive it. Every messaging app I have does that. Only started when we switched from iPhone to the S23 versions and no one at the stores knows why or can fix it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

power saver mode turned on or anything that would help with battery life by chance? if yes turn that off...restart the phone..make sure its still off..then test again.

@tidbits  i think you were the Apple go to..if they swapped to Android from Apple..could some of their apps be hanging up still thinking its linked to the original Apple phone?

I've tried that, turning off the adaptive battery, using mobile data, turning off wifi 6 and few other things. The S23+ has less of a delay than the S23 ultra and the S23 has the shortest delay. 

The iPhones weren't completely set up since we just switched back to tmobile so not all the apps were installed. Also tried not using smart setup. 

Also had issues with calls not going through. That is what originally started the phone replacement parade and then noticed the apps were deleted as well. My previous experience with tmobile was way better so I'm not sure what's causing all the issues. Can't really be 4 broken phones I wouldn't think. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

esims or physical sims? it sounds like something is limiting your background data usage.

Tried both on 2 different ultras. No difference. There definitely seems to be an issue with background data but oddly it's on all of our phones. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

which points at either an account issue that is pushing to all the devices on your account or network...but if the problem follows you more than say 5+ miles in any direction then its not network.

Thanks for the suggestions.

At this point I'll have to verify the 5ish mile thing so I'll the a drive. 

I'll head back to the store with all the information and see what, if anything, they can tell me. I know a fair amount about tech, but nothing about the account system and how it regulates data. 

Thanks again.