Question

galaxy note 20 ultra 5g Hacked with McAfee installed help

• 5 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

OK so is there anyone out there having any issues with your phone being hacked with your Galaxy Note 20 ultra 5G?   I have the phone, along with the "360 tech support"  insurance plan also the McAfee suite, so I noticed two weeks ago that the phone started getting cut off..  and I been on the phone with tmobile almost each night trying to get this resolved.  An I kept telling them I believe that I am being hacked, and they respond with "no, that can't happen, and trouble shooting each time I called when I was on hold for usually 20 minutes before they answer and then the trouble shooting would start.  Anyway so we added an Esim, and my phone was fine for a couple of days then it the fuckery started again..  and I wouldn't get calls or messages, and so I called again and of coarse the hoops before I could get an answer.  So I wiped for a new Sim and that went in and that night my phone was really messing up, like turning off no service at times ext and so yesterday evening I was cleaning and I had Spotify on playing some music when I heard a shuttering and at 1st I had thought it was the music but it wasn't..  whatever was snapping pictures.   So my niece calls me, later I. The evening and said that I posted to Mt face book a photo to my story and I did not.. so something us going im still in this situation help anyone please..

3 replies

Badge

Sorry I was rushing earlier to type that in..  and so anyways, I'm going to be getting a new device.   So the sim was switched out and still I had issues. OMG it's actually kind of scary knowing that whoever is on that other end is reading all my business and, it gives me noghtmares

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you downloaded any apps lately that might be stealing your personal info and passwords?  Things like Facebook can be compromised on another device, like a desktop computer where the hacker gets a hold of your password.  Are you sure it isn’t someone just messing with you that knows your passwords, like a family member?  

First thing to do would be to change all of your passwords on something you know isn’t compromised.  Once you have done that, factory reset your device to make sure there is nothing left on there just in case your device was compromised.  Do not restore any backups just in case it is an app compromising your device.  Install only trusted apps and hopefully that will help with securing all of your social media and e-mail accounts.  

Badge

Have you downloaded any apps lately that might be stealing your personal info and passwords?  Things like Facebook can be compromised on another device, like a desktop computer where the hacker gets a hold of your password.  Are you sure it isn’t someone just messing with you that knows your passwords, like a family member?  

First thing to do would be to change all of your passwords on something you know isn’t compromised.  Once you have done that, factory reset your device to make sure there is nothing left on there just in case your device was compromised.  Do not restore any backups just in case it is an app compromising your device.  Install only trusted apps and hopefully that will help with securing all of your social media and e-mail accounts.  

Thank you! I am going to do that when I get my new phone that tmobile will be sending me.  I'm actually going to change everything passwords ect.  This was a total nightmare, I was actually scared for my well being cause this hack or whatever it is was taking pictures. And I am actually changing out all my social media apps and leaving it all behind and starting all over..  I am not as smart, when it comes to computer technology.  I usually do not open any apps or any messages with any links attached..   I've already stopped all my credit cards, getting new everything..  I just do not want or need this to follow me, and so I am going to keep on letting ppl know about how this has affected me, mentally and, socially, as I'm a little worried about others now..    I'm still on the device now until I do get the new device..  yeah thank you for sharing great tips..