Question

Galaxy S21 data issues

• 22 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Is anyone having data issues after the latest update for the Galaxy S21.  Since the update, my phone keeps dropping from 5G to E.  T-Mobile tech support reset my network from their end and it seemed to work the rest of the day but started again the next day.  

4 replies

Not quite having the exact same issue, mine’s would constantly connect/disconnect or the connection would slow down to a crawl, but it always said 5G so maybe this won’t help you but worth a shot.  This seemed to fix all my connection issues and the phone’s even snappier now (not that i understand why this would affect the latter).

What i ended up doing is to force the phone to always be on T-Mobile’s network, this is probably going to mess up roaming though, so if you’re travelling, flip this back to auto.

Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks

Disable “Select automatically"
Scan and choose the tmobile network

Badge

I’ll give it a shot, thanks

NP, let us know if this works.  I’ve been having this problem since i got the phone a year ago and it just keeps getting worse with every update.

Another fix i just found that so far seems to be working:

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings#subhead2

Same place, under “Mobile Networks” > Access Point Names

Click “Add” and create a new APN identical to the existing (link above) and make sure the protocol is “IPv6/IPv4”, the one tmobile ships is only IPv6 which limits the networks it can use