Question

Galaxy S21 FE 5G - No cable charging

• 20 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

My wife phone (Galaxy S21 FE 5G - No cable charging) is not charging all of sudden.

I cleaned port with dry air. and soft reset and still it is not working.

But wireless charging is working at least. Still it has Samsung warranty though. 

Anything else I am missing or Do you have similar issue?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you changed up to a different charging cable and same wall adapter? and then changed up the wall adapter but original cord in case its one of those its not working with anymore?

Badge

Thank you for your help. I tried my cables and adapters which is working for the same device of mine. Still it is not working. 😭😭

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so it could be an issue with the charging port itself. contact Samsung and see what all steps are needed to get it fixed under warranty.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Samsung is very well known for using the cheapest soldier money can buy, even on their highest end devices.  You can probably get that fixed for $30 or less at your local cellphone repair shop.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

There are a few instances where software can cause charging issues, so I would make sure that the device and all apps are fully up to date. You can also try to do a hard restart by holding down the side button and the volume down key for about 45 seconds until it restarts. This restart is the replacement for not being able to take batteries out. Finally, I recommend you wipe the cache partition. This support page has the steps on how to do that. As long as you only wipe the cache partition, you will not lose any of the valuable data on the device and will just be clearing out some of the digital junk that can cause various issues on the phone. 

If you still have issues charging her phone after doing those steps, I would reach out to talk about warranty options. I think in your original post you say that Samsung holds the warranty on it, so best bet would be to contact them. You could check your T-Mobile account to see if there is a warranty through us still. The manufacturer warranty is good for one year from the date of purchase or you may have an extended warranty benefit if you have Device Protection or Protection 360. One thing to keep in mind with any warranty program is that physical damage line cracks on the screen or casing and water damage can void the warranty. Hopefully that is not the case for your wife’s phone. 

Have a great day!

I tried this with my Samsung Galaxy A71 5G that had 50% battery life left after not being able to take a charge.  The Samsung Galaxy splash screen came up briefly, but then NOTHING.  Just a blank screen and now can’t turn the phone on at all.  What a disaster!  A little help, please?  Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what was mentioned to try up above? and until that is figured out you might opt to try a wireless charger so it can at least hopefully take a charge.