Question

Galaxy Watch4 overheating

Badge

Even if I set my galaxy for powersaving is showing that has to cool down.

Today it happen 3 times.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is this a stand alone watch or does it need to be connected to your phone through Bluetooth? and what all have you attempted on your side so far to try and fix it? restarts?

Badge

Is this a stand alone watch or does it need to be connected to your phone through Bluetooth?

I am connecting it through Bluetooth.

What all have you attempted on your side so far to try and fix it? restarts?

Many restarts.

I noticed after restarting it consumed 30% of my battery.

Let’s see how the watch behaves tomorrow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

dig through and see if there are any other connections/things turned on that are not actually connected..i know in the past usually if a device was heating up it was due to it searching for a connection over and over until it could find one..this constant searching would heat up devices..not fully sure this is what you have going on there but cant hurt to check..you might also jump over to Samsung forums. usually you can find others running into like issues and at times ways to fix it or work arounds until its fixed by Samsung if this is whats going on.

Badge

Disabled Bluetooth. Just using LTE.

Closed all tabs

The battery goes from 100% to 75% in 1 hour.

Using the basic clock face

I will not use power save mode because I paid for a watch with benefits…

I will return this watch today

Even if I set my galaxy for powersaving is showing that has to cool down.

Today it happen 3 times.

I'm having an overheating issue with my Watch4 LTE. Watch is with its phone, almost the entire time. I've gone through and turned off wifi, sounds, vibrations, health monitoring features, what notifications I receive etc but this thing keeps overheating. 3x today alone. Not sure what to do next, plus it eats battery like no other 6 hours off a full charge.