Glass screensaver issues

• 24 May 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge

I purchased the S9 around mid to late April, can't remember the exact date, but I was kind of pushed into buying a case and cover to "protect my investment" which is all fine and good,  but for over $100, I'm disappointed to say the least.

The case is offered at other merchants for $10 or so.  My fault for not shopping around first, I get that,  but the $59.99 glass screen protector had the first major scratch in less than a week. Now there are so many scratches, it gets in the way of actually viewing my screen.

I am wondering if T Mobile will accept this as a return? Obviously, it can't be resold, but I feel a bit betrayed on this. Yes, the actual screen is being protected (I hope) but my $1,000 phone looks just like the one I had, except that the scratch on my S6 was tiny and only visible when looking for it.  This phone looks awful! Even my 3 year old commented on the scratches. Are these things supposed to be this prone to scratches? I keep my phone in my purse so I guess maybe my keys were the culprit, but I'd just rather not have the screen protector and my $60 back.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

7 replies

So, in the past I've regreted not getting screen protectors sooner, so I opted for T-Mobile's when my wife, mother, daughter and I got new phones. All ready there, good replacement plan, but holy hell... not even 1 day, I had a chip, about .25 inch but overall intacked. However, the next day, my mother's cracked in half. 2 days after that, my wifes chipped. Then my daughter says hers is very fine spider web. Really, 4 different phones, 4 different peopme and all have failed? Sounds like they sell the cheapest ones at 60 bucks a pop. Way to rip peopke off. Oh, and chipped doesn't mean they will be replaced, has to be cracked in half. :/

I hate to be a downer, I am happy with the service Nd the help getting phone data swapped and price if service, but the price gouge on cases and instore accessories if BS.

Bro T-Mobile they are worst than people who sell fake online.. where the do they get these prices for their ???

Userlevel 3

I'm so sorry to read that. Were you able to contact the manufacturer of the screen protector? Perhaps they'll be able to honor their lifetime warranty?
FWIW, when it comes to devices (phones), we offer a supplemental warranty, but generally speaking a warranty is a manufacturer's domain, not a retailer's -- so I'm thinking you might have better luck reaching out to the company that made this!
I think you've made an excellent point about the product overall and the exchange/return policy -- those should be printed on the back of your receipt but it sounds like we could have done a better job of going over it, to say the least. But as much as we appreciate the feedback, I'm still hoping there's a way for your screen protector to be replaced!

Badge

So I took it into the store and showed them the screen and the guy said

that all glass screens protectors get scratches, but they protect the

phone. He said that I should have gotten one made out of poly something. So

I showed him the box that says lifetime warranty and the pics on the box

showing a key held against the phone with the protector and the text says

no scratches.

So basically I was pushed into buying something I wasn't informed about at

all and it can't be exchanged or returned.

Userlevel 3

Hey there! Just wanted to swing by once more and see how things are going for you. Hope all is well!

Userlevel 4

Just wanted to check back in on the advice Marissa provided! 😊

-Lauren

Userlevel 3

Hey, @magenta4327715​! I know it's been a few days since your original post, but I wanted to check back in here and see if you'd had a chance to swing back by the store and show our staff there this screen protector. I can't speak to whether or not a return would be an option; but based on your description it sounds worth the ask! If I am remembering correctly, I think that some protectors may actually have a manufacturer's warranty, as well -- do you happen to remember the name of the company that made this glass protector, or is it listed on your original receipt or in your EIP perhaps? If a return isn't an option it may be worth reaching out to the company that made it and asking whether what you're experiencing is wear and tear that they'd consider normal or not!