Question

How do I get rid of the Left Page

Badge

I like my home screen blank and 1 page.

Ever since this forced update now I have a page to the left that shows Google / Tmobile news and searches.

I dont want it at all. And I cant find any way of disabling it.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to contact Google since that’s their app for Google news.

It doesn’t bother me since I don’t mind seeing the articles.

Badge

it doesnt even seem to be an app - it wasnt there until this god awful update happened

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

When I swipe to the left and get the screen there’s my first initial on the upper right hand that when I tap on it  , it takes me to my Google account settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

would probably help if you added in a tad bit more info...for example..forced update on what exactly? phone? tablet? your neighbors chicken?

no psychics in here so it helps if all are on the same page info wise if youre looking for assistance lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

turn your screen on so you can see your apps/whatnot..long press your finger in an area that does not have any apps..should pop you up some options..one of said options should say something like “home screen settings”..click on that and you should see a toggle bar or at least an option to turn on/off “Google feed”...on my phone under where it says “Google feed” it says “Show the the left of the main screen”...turn it off or unselect it..

you can also access this by going into settings-home screen..

all it is is a combo of things Google thinks you would like..the news..technology...etc.. which is also manageable as to what all shows up or doesnt if you decide to keep it there. 

Badge

My apologies - its the latest Android 12 Update on OnePlus 9 Pro.
In the more section it has no option to turn it off. Ive always had it disabled in the past.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'm using a Pixel 4XL and this what I get when I swipe left. When I go to my apps and click on Google I get the same screen. Oneplus is different, maybe @syaoran can help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

settings-display-home screen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It's a part of Google Assistant.  In some launchers, like Nova Launcher, it can be turned off.  If the launcher doesn't support turning it off, you can force close it from the apps list  However, doing that will also break some Google functions.  

My apologies - its the latest Android 12 Update on OnePlus 9 Pro.
In the more section it has no option to turn it off. Ive always had it disabled in the past.

Like fireguy said, on home screen, tap and hold a blank area and check popup for options or settings, there you can customize the launcher.....

I want the Google news feed on the left page i don't want the T-Mobile tab next to it. It wasnt there yesterday. I don't know if I accidentally changed some setting on accident when the screen wasnt locked or what. I disabled the T-Mobile thing but it's still there and since it appeared my news feed has changed and there is less news to read than it usually had.

Ugh ​​​​​​ I will try everyone's suggestions too.thank you

I like my home screen blank and 1 page.

Ever since this forced update now I have a page to the left that shows Google / Tmobile news and searches.

I dont want it at all. And I cant find any way of disabling it.

Settings > Apps > App info > Tmobile Play.   Disable app then reboot

Thank You. 

Settings > Apps > App info > Tmobile Play.   Disable app then reboot