Question

How to swap a Sim phone to a new e-Sim

• 6 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi Modern phone experts,

I have an older LG v60 with a physical Nano-SIM.  It doesnt seem to have the SIM Manager available and never supported e-SIMs.    The instructions on T-Mobile site on how to move old SIM phone to new eSIM phone doesn't work because they explain to use Sim Manger and chose Sim->eSIM to convert SIM to eSIM.  I dont even have Sim manager.     

So questions are:

1. Do I really need to convert SIM of old phone to eSIM in new phone, or is there a way to create a new eSIM for the new phone and just use that?    Is there something I am not getting here?
  2. Is there anyway I can get to where I want to be, eSIM on Tmobile phone replacing  LG v60 Phyiscal SIM Phone?

Bottom line is I just want to take the LG V60 out of service and replace it with the new Samsung S24 with an E-SIM.     I want to use my work physical SIM for a second SIM later. I already have that and will do that last to get Dual-SIM working. 

Thanks for any guidance on the Tmobile swap. 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

You have to covert it when you get your s24. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As mentioned, cinverting it in the s24 would be the easiest way.  You can however visit your kocal T-Mobile store and get a barcode for a new eSIM, scan it with the s24, and have them transfer your pSIM to the new eSIM.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You should be able to convert to esim without going to a store. My sister in-law had the option when her Sim card went back.