Solved

I have already unlocked my device, can I get the oem unlocking feature on developer options to appear?

• 30 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

basically the title

icon

Best answer by syaoran 31 October 2020, 01:59

View original

6 replies

Badge

also I recently factory data reset my device and I want to root it

Badge

btw metropcs

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Which device do you have?  Have you checked in Developer Options to see if you can toggle the OEM Unlocking option to enabled? 

Badge

Which device do you have?  Have you checked in Developer Options to see if you can toggle the OEM Unlocking option to enabled? 

I can’t enable it and my device is SM-J260T1 Samsung galaxy j2
I can’t even view it

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Samsung devices are locked down pretty hardcore.  Samsung does not like their devices being made vulnerable.  Most of the Samsung devices to come out in the past few years in North America have not been possible to root.  If you want root friendly devices, OnePlus would be your best bet.

The XDA Developer forum for your device might be worth looking at though to see if there is a way to do what you want without root. 

Badge

Samsung devices are locked down pretty hardcore.  Samsung does not like their devices being made vulnerable.  Most of the Samsung devices to come out in the past few years in North America have not been possible to root.  If you want root friendly devices, OnePlus would be your best bet.

The XDA Developer forum for your device might be worth looking at though to see if there is a way to do what you want without root. 

aw man, alright.