Question

issues with my Google pixel 6 Pro preorder?

• 26 October 2021
  • 64 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this long post and to give me some help and advice.

So I preordered a Google Pixel 6 Pro from T-Mobile's website, but I seem to be having a lot of issues with my order. What should I do? Because I have a feeling that I'm not going to receive my phone. That somewhere down the line you were just going to get canceled or they're going to claim that I never made an order. 

1st off when I tried to make the purchase on T-Mobile's website as soon as preorders became available, there was some type of technical issue that was confirmed by customer care who confirmed that with the IT department. Then about 3-4 hours later the website was working again and I was able to purchase the device.

So after I completed the transaction I never received any confirmation email and any of my DocuSign emails that I should've received after placing the order. Which I was able to confirm on T-Mobile's website and through the app that I had an order processing. The order said that it was supposed to ship out on the 27th of October and then arrive to me in 1-2 days.

Then yesterday the order changed the shipping date from the 27th to the 28th. Now as of this morning (10-26), the order has completely disappeared from the T-Mobile app on the home screen, under the orders tab and on T-Mobile's website after logging into my account.

On top of all this, I know people that ordered the device from the Google store, other carriers as well as T-Mobile and they've already received their device. My friend who has T-Mobile as well also preordered after me and already received his device.

64 replies

Here is another update for me. It's 9:50AM ET and now I have a tracking number via UPS and they said that it's out for delivery currently. I'm now able to see my information on T-Mobile's website and the app. Like one of the representatives told me, I guess there was some issues with tracking orders on the T-Mobile side and what they saw on the screen when I called in was wrong. But I'm glad that UPS on their website has it on the way to me today. I also purchased a case off Amazon that was backordered, but now it's supposedly arriving today as well. Which this is even better for me so I don't have to wait to use my device or go to Best Buy and get a temporary case until my clear fully enclosed case with a built in screen protector arrives.

So to everybody that's still having shipping issues, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that you receive your devices soon!

What was your original delivery date?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here is another update for me. It's 9:50AM ET and now I have a tracking number via UPS and they said that it's out for delivery currently. I'm now able to see my information on T-Mobile's website and the app. Like one of the representatives told me, I guess there was some issues with tracking orders on the T-Mobile side and what they saw on the screen when I called in was wrong. But I'm glad that UPS on their website has it on the way to me today. I also purchased a case off Amazon that was backordered, but now it's supposedly arriving today as well. Which this is even better for me so I don't have to wait to use my device or go to Best Buy and get a temporary case until my clear fully enclosed case with a built in screen protector arrives.

So to everybody that's still having shipping issues, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that you receive your devices soon!

My original shipping date was yesterday which it did leave yesterday. What happened was that in the computer with customer care they see all different crazy different dates when it's not true and not the case. Then the disappearing information was probably a bug on the website and the app. Which I have overnight delivery and it was supposed to be delivered today and it's still being delivered today like they originally intended. Which currently my order is on the truck and the way to me, it said that it's going to be here today by 7PM ET the latest.

Well at least they got someone’s right.  I even went with the baby pro cause they assured me that was the one they had available, figured “i can deal with the space” and now it’s not shipping till who knows when, and I’ll still have the 128gb model.  

It just wasn’t worth dealing with their screwed up order system for the bill credits.  Interesting that the one poster mentions they don’t charge until shipping, my card has all the charges on it from when I spoke with the rep.  Immediately.  Not delayed until November 12-18th. 

Overly frustrated here and going to have to figure out how to deal with this if the phone actually shows up between the 12th and the 18th,  I won’t be around so it’ll just sit on my porch until it gets stolen probably.

Badge

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this long post and to give me some help and advice.

So I preordered a Google Pixel 6 Pro from T-Mobile's website, but I seem to be having a lot of issues with my order. What should I do? Because I have a feeling that I'm not going to receive my phone. That somewhere down the line you were just going to get canceled or they're going to claim that I never made an order. 

1st off when I tried to make the purchase on T-Mobile's website as soon as preorders became available, there was some type of technical issue that was confirmed by customer care who confirmed that with the IT department. Then about 3-4 hours later the website was working again and I was able to purchase the device.

So after I completed the transaction I never received any confirmation email and any of my DocuSign emails that I should've received after placing the order. Which I was able to confirm on T-Mobile's website and through the app that I had an order processing. The order said that it was supposed to ship out on the 27th of October and then arrive to me in 1-2 days.

Then yesterday the order changed the shipping date from the 27th to the 28th. Now as of this morning (10-26), the order has completely disappeared from the T-Mobile app on the home screen, under the orders tab and on T-Mobile's website after logging into my account.

On top of all this, I know people that ordered the device from the Google store, other carriers as well as T-Mobile and they've already received their device. My friend who has T-Mobile as well also preordered after me and already received his device.

I saw others addressed that the missing order had to do with no signed EIP. My preorder, while it did complete with digitally signing those documents, did have the same estimated shipping change noted by others. It started as 28 Oct - which is why I chose the black color versus white which showed 12 Nov. Then as of yesterday, it was updated to show 12-18 Nov. I started a new order to see the estimate at that was 19 Nov or later. I called six stores in my area and no Pro models, just Pixel 6. One store suggested calling tomorrow but based on what I’m seeing, I don’t hold hope to obtain the Pro sooner in a store. So I figure good things come to those who wait...But if it keeps getting delayed further, I won’t feel that way! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Congratulations!  This is the best possible news for this one.  Sadly there are some in the other direction having a “what do you mean I am not getting my phone today?!” conversation.

Badge

My original shipping date was yesterday which it did leave yesterday. What happened was that in the computer with customer care they see all different crazy different dates when it's not true and not the case. Then the disappearing information was probably a bug on the website and the app. Which I have overnight delivery and it was supposed to be delivered today and it's still being delivered today like they originally intended. Which currently my order is on the truck and the way to me, it said that it's going to be here today by 7PM ET the latest.

Just out of curiosity, when did you place your preorder?

Ordered 10/19 online at T-Mobile. Credit card charged same day for remainder of current phone payment plan in my almost year old Pixel 4a 5g. T-Mobile website still says pre-order, expected shipment and delivery 10/28.

Received word directly from UPS that shipper created a label with shipment ready for UPS with tracking number early morning on 10/28. UPS hasn't received package yet. Shipment coming from Ingram Micro in Jeffersonville, Indiana near Louisville, Kentucky. Estimated delivery on Wednesday, November 03, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM.

Credit card charged again on 10/28, most likely for down payment and shipping.

Like many of you I placed my pre-order on 10/20 and my estimated ship date was 10/28 then it switched to 11/12-18. Also, my card was never charged . I was beginning to wonder if the order had ever actually been placed until I spoke with a rep who explained the backordering and delays etc. Etc. Then this morning I checked my order status and it said my estimated delivery date is today 10/28 but the estimated shipping date is 11/18?? 🤔. I'm not even sure what's going on anymore 😒.  I just hope I get my phone soon because I'm stuck using my kids old phone which has been TRASHED and it's driving me crazy! 🤦🏾‍♀️

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am in the same boat as many of you I ordered one hour by phone after launch and my original ship date was the 28th I ordered a white pixel 6 pro. It changed yesterday to the 12th through the 18th of November which is very annoying since I've been waiting all year for this phone and now you're basically told you have to wait another month. I've been saving my jump for this very aggravating if they don't have inventory then don't take pre-orders and set dates. Horrible drop of the ball by Google and TMobile I expect better 

I checked my order status this morning it showed it would shit 10/28/21, as it has said since the pre-orders opened checked it again at 10:25pm EST and it now shows 11/12-11/18 that it will ship out. 

It seems that others are getting the run around from TMobil as well. 

I am in the same boat as many of you I ordered one hour by phone after launch and my original ship date was the 28th I ordered a white pixel 6 pro. It changed yesterday to the 12th through the 18th of November which is very annoying since I've been waiting all year for this phone and now you're basically told you have to wait another month. I've been saving my jump for this very aggravating if they don't have inventory then don't take pre-orders and set dates. Horrible drop of the ball by Google and TMobile I expect better 

I am in the exact same boat, I waited for this phone to come out before I used my Jump as well. 

Ordered 10/19 online at T-Mobile. Credit card charged same day for remainder of current phone payment plan in my almost year old Pixel 4a 5g. T-Mobile website still says pre-order, expected shipment and delivery 10/28.

Received word directly from UPS that shipper created a label with shipment ready for UPS with tracking number early morning on 10/28. UPS hasn't received package yet. Shipment coming from Ingram Micro in Jeffersonville, Indiana near Louisville, Kentucky. Estimated delivery on Wednesday, November 03, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM.

Credit card charged again on 10/28, most likely for down payment and shipping.

At least you got a shipping label, some of us got ours pushed out to mid to late November.   Not sure what T-Mobiles problem is but they are defiantly pissing people off. 

Badge

This Shi#y, I pre ordered pixel 6 pro on 19th, did all the required digi signing, and my shipping date was 10-28 for the past 10 days I just rechecked it now and it says 11-12-21 to 11-18-21. Tmobile sucks at this, I even went into an actual store to pre order pixel 6pro on 10-19. What A joke Tmobile, I would have purchased from Google if you would have said I would not receive phone until middle of November. Nice way to treat A customer of 20 years. 

I'm a long term customer also... not nearly 20 years though.  But when I searched on Pixel 6 Pro backorders I found articles including statements from Google that the problem is on their end... with the long lead time between announcing these phones and taking pre-orders, they clearly didn't plan production levels high enough to keep up with demand. I noticed many glowing reviews which means higher demand. Throw in the industry supply chain problems with chips, and I'm not too surprised this happened. But I wouldn't blame T-Mobile or any other carrier. Google dropped the ball here. I'm no C-level executive, but I understand business enough to know they should and could have handled this rollout better. 

This all said, I will fault T-Mobile for how they handled the order process and estimated delivery dates. Better to under promise and over deliver than the other way around. We use that rule at work a lot... it saves our customers from the headaches mentioned in this thread...

Badge

This Shi#y, I pre ordered pixel 6 pro on 19th, did all the required digi signing, and my shipping date was 10-28 for the past 10 days I just rechecked it now and it says 11-12-21 to 11-18-21. Tmobile sucks at this, I even went into an actual store to pre order pixel 6pro on 10-19. What A joke Tmobile, I would have purchased from Google if you would have said I would not receive phone until middle of November. Nice way to treat A customer of 20 years. 

I'm a long term customer also... not nearly 20 years though.  But when I searched on Pixel 6 Pro backorders I found articles including statements from Google that the problem is on their end... with the long lead time between announcing these phones and taking pre-orders, they clearly didn't plan production levels high enough to keep up with demand. I noticed many glowing reviews which means higher demand. Throw in the industry supply chain problems with chips, and I'm not too surprised this happened. But I wouldn't blame T-Mobile or any other carrier. Google dropped the ball here. I'm no C-level executive, but I understand business enough to know they should and could have handled this rollout better. 

This all said, I will fault T-Mobile for how they handled the order process and estimated delivery dates. Better to under promise and over deliver than the other way around. We use that rule at work a lot... it saves our customers from the headaches mentioned in this thread...

Absolutely this. You can visit any number of Internet forums, the Pixel subreddit, probably AT&T and Verizon customer forums too and see the same story. Amazon is out of stock, Best Buy seems to have some regular Pixel 6 phones at some store locations, B&H ran out of inventory too. For me, 90% of the blame rests with Google (and the global supply chain problems). However, T-Mobile is fumbling this badly. Anyone with a pre-order placed at least by October 20th should (a) receive priority for shipment and (b) receive an update message from T-Mobile with very specific information on the causes of the delay and a definite shipping window. This experience of logging in to the website every day to see that the shipment estimate of my pre-order has changed yet again (always later and later), AND having been charged for my downpayment and taxes, sucks.

Honestly, I was torn between the Pixel 6 Pro and the Galaxy Fold 3 (and yes I know the price difference but TMO offers a very good trade-in price and discounts for the Fold 3, versus a joke of a trade-in price for my current phone if buying the Pixel 6 Pro). Now that my Pixel 6 Pro order may not ship until December, I may as well cancel and get the Fold (also on backorder with TMO, but an estimated shipping date from late November to early December).

Ordered the moment the website stopped giving errors on 10/19. Pixel 6 Pro Cloudy White.

Was set to ship 10/28

Now estimated ship date is 11/12 - 11/18

Would love an official statement from T-Mobile.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ordered the moment the website stopped giving errors on 10/19. Pixel 6 Pro Cloudy White.

Was set to ship 10/28

Now estimated ship date is 11/12 - 11/18

Would love an official statement from T-Mobile.

Google:

“Due to high demand, some Pixel 6 Pro models may be out of stock or have long delivery times. Get notified when they're back in stock, or check out other authorized retailers who may have them available.”

T-mobile hasn't - and I don't really expect them to - issued a blanket statement about the order challenges around the Pixel 6.  I think we see several things at play when you take a step back and summarize the threads:

• New upgrade system is challenging inside and in direct-to-consumer channel
  • Data is inconsistent across the pipeline and consuming applications for device status
  • Google-to-TMobile supply availability integrity is either not sufficient (Google not giving good data) or not represented well (making it to consumer facing applications)
  • This supply uncertainty is resulting in T-Mobile waiting for firm expectations before setting estimates anyone can have confidence in.  The view to the consumer is a “last minute” or “late” re-setting of expectations.
  • It’s not clear how orders are being prioritized, with some communities reporting late orders getting fulfilled quickly and some early Pro orders somehow not being “front of the line” or at least perceived as not being handled that way.
Badge

I suppose this shouldn't surprise me given the posts so far, but I got a text from T-Mobile as follows:

T-Mobile: The ship date of your recent order has changed. We'll have it on its way soon and let you know once it's shipped. 

Yet when I checked order status,  the dates were the same they were since 10/27...11/12 - 11/18.

I suppose this shouldn't surprise me given the posts so far, but I got a text from T-Mobile as follows:

T-Mobile: The ship date of your recent order has changed. We'll have it on its way soon and let you know once it's shipped. 

Yet when I checked order status,  the dates were the same they were since 10/27...11/12 - 11/18.

Yeah, I got it too, but this is probably a really delayed text to pretty much say that your order will be late. I hope I'm wrong lol :fingers_crossed:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Google made sure all the you tubers got their free devices, and honestly it's the lack of communication by Google and TMobile that has people most upset. They knew when they launched this would be an issue this didn't happen because of "demand". 

Not sure if this helps anyone, but at least T-Mobile beat their estimated ship date for me.  I was originally October 28, then on the 28th it switch to November 15-18, but it actually shipped yesterday and I’ll have it tomorrow.  Of course my wife got her regular 6 last week and it’s pretty awesome.

Userlevel 1
Badge

That's good you give me hope 

Yes, mine should be shipping soon and I ordered it on the 22nd. I contacted support and they told me they got their shipment into the warehouse yesterday, so all orders are shipping out and they apparently have more in stock as well.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, mine should be shipping soon and I ordered it on the 22nd. I contacted support and they told me they got their shipment into the warehouse yesterday, so all orders are shipping out and they apparently have more in stock as well.

V

I'd like to believe this but will when I see it. 

Badge

I am having problems getting my Iphone.  The shipping date was originally 10/27 - 10/29.  Now it’s 11/3 to 11/7.  When I contacted customer service I was told the warehouse was waiting for a UPS label.  That was 3 days ago and still processing.  Next time I contacted customer service, I was told the warehouse doesn’t have enough employees.  So I guess I might have a phone by Christmas.

I am having problems getting my Iphone.  The shipping date was originally 10/27 - 10/29.  Now it’s 11/3 to 11/7.  When I contacted customer service I was told the warehouse was waiting for a UPS label.  That was 3 days ago and still processing.  Next time I contacted customer service, I was told the warehouse doesn’t have enough employees.  So I guess I might have a phone by Christmas.

Yeah, there are shortages of everything everywhere. I'm not surprised. Mine is supposed to ship anytime now but I'm on the same boat as you.