Solved

LG K7 phone setup keeps showing error message repeatedly, keyboard won't appear, etc? please help!

• 18 March 2019
  • 7 replies

So I've had this phone since 2016, which might be why it's a bit glitchy aside from the fact that it's quite a sh**tty phone to begin with. Recently I've been running out of storage and there was nothing I could do about it so I decided that I wanted to wipe my phone, reset it so it could work a lot better, and plus I'd have storage space again. I didn't factory reset it though, I backed up my data into my internal storage (yes I know, it serves no purpose if you reset it). So he process didn't take too long, it was successful but then the minute I put my phone back on to type my password in, the keyboard wouldn't appear at all. It does this a lot but usually it comes back once I restart my phone, this time I didn't. No matter how many times I tried. I tried literally ever solution on the internet, like actually using the keys to factory reset my phone (that worked), but not completely because when I tried to set up my phone, an error message that said something had stopped wouldn't stop popping up (Unfortunately, com.tmobile.pr.mytmoble has stopped), literally could not type in the wi-fi password because of it. I couldn't try anything anyway since my keyboard STILL was not popping up. Please help, I really don't know what to do. I've tried everything at this point!

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 20 March 2019, 22:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5

What I might suggest is going to the play Store on a PC search for a keyboard app like SwiftKey and it will install on your phone and then you can try again.

thank you! i tried it but i couldn't find my device when i tried to install it unfortunately 😢

Userlevel 5

I can't think of much else right now, but I don't want to cop out and suggest getting a new phone.

Well, thank you for the help anyways

Userlevel 5

To be completely honest most people would tell you to go to XDA and see if you could find information on flashing stock firmware. That would more than likely fix the issue however not only is it complicated despite what anyone else might say it's also very hard to find information for Budget devices much less older budget devices. That's not to say you can't find some sort of information on how to fix it but those sorts of methods we can't discuss here but of course everything is on the user's risk.

You might try to find some information in that vein of thinking and then decide that its just better off purchasing a new device.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Ah that's rough and I'm surprised the reset didn't fix this but you did a great job trying to fix this on your own. If the error's still popping up, you made need to get a replacement device if it's still under warranty/ if you have handset protection.

I bought the velvet last year as a gift for my husband. We set it up about 3 weeks ago and suddenly we can't type in the password. The keyboard disappeared. I've been paying it off all year... I've been on the phone almost 3 hours trying to reset.. would not connect to smart switch app to try and reboot. I'm at my wits end...all work contacts are on the phone..