Question

Lost capability to text: Contacts show sip:[phone number]@msg.pc.tmobile.com;user=phone

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

I used to text this mobile phone for several months.  I am using a Samsung Galaxy S21.  However, today, the text fails to be sent.  Then, I look at my contacts for the mobile phone number and it is changed to:

sip:[phone number]@msg.pc.tmobile.com;user=phone

I removed this and updated the contacts with the correct phone number, but the text does not go through and the contacts is changed back to sip:[phone number]@msg.pc.tmobile.com;user=phone

Any idea what is going on?  I am able to text other people.

Thanks,

Paul

65 replies

I have this issue as well.  In case it helps, I’ve noticed something that might help T-mobile better understand the issue and might help us all find a workaround.

I’ve found 2 contacts so far that have this problem.  Both of them are on my same family plan.  Although others on my family plan still work as expected, so it’s seemingly hit-or-miss as to whether this problem occurs.

For the two contacts that have the problem, If I create a new chat and type in their name, it doesn’t work as others have mentioned.  However, I am able to still text them if I do this:

• Open the contact in my contacts app
  • Click the message icon to message them
  • This opens up the messaging app on the historic thread I’ve had with the (functioning) contact.
  • Texting out from this works.

However, once i text out using this method.  The texts *back* show up in the sip: named thread instead of my historic thread.

So, it’s not a great workaround, but if you really have to get a hold of someone, you can do it this way.

Tmobile… we’d very much like a fix for this.  Thanks!

BTW, I’m using a Samsung S22 phone, on Android version 13.

Yes.  T-Mobile.  I just hate when they tell me issue resolved.  It’s not resolved.  But I can’t stand staying on the phone day after day, hour after hour, doing same trouble shooting and explaining.  And they think I’m happy with them.  Just a hassle to change plan at present time.  So dealing with it.  Since its just me.  Not husband or sons phone.  So will deal with the inconvenience.  Annoying!!!  Should knock off $10 per month for me dealing with this.  They give new customers new phones that cost thousands…..They owed me a screen protector, never arrived and $5 off trade in fee, said I didn’t have to pay. 

Badge

this isn’t weird. this is pathetic that such a major bug has made into circulation. Tmobile FIX THIS GARBAGE NOW!!!!!!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! 

hey try this fix

settings

apps

storage

clear catche

clear data ---this will delete storage msgs

i did and worked, but download an alternative msg app i had for a while message+ verizon lol

Badge

Hello,

I used to text this mobile phone for several months.  I am using a Samsung Galaxy S21.  However, today, the text fails to be sent.  Then, I look at my contacts for the mobile phone number and it is changed to:

sip:[phone number]@msg.pc.tmobile.com;user=phone

I removed this and updated the contacts with the correct phone number, but the text does not go through and the contacts is changed back to sip:[phone number]@msg.pc.tmobile.com;user=phone

Any idea what is going on?  I am able to text other people.

Thanks,

Paul

called and reps dont know whats going on...apparently they dont read this lol

rep got me to try this:

settings

app

storage

clear cache

clear data----this will delete your storaged msgs

Badge

Yes.  T-Mobile.  I just hate when they tell me issue resolved.  It’s not resolved.  But I can’t stand staying on the phone day after day, hour after hour, doing same trouble shooting and explaining.  And they think I’m happy with them.  Just a hassle to change plan at present time.  So dealing with it.  Since its just me.  Not husband or sons phone.  So will deal with the inconvenience.  Annoying!!!  Should knock off $10 per month for me dealing with this.  They give new customers new phones that cost thousands…..They owed me a screen protector, never arrived and $5 off trade in fee, said I didn’t have to pay. 

rep got me to try this:

settings

app

storage

clear cache

Badge

this isn’t weird. this is pathetic that such a major bug has made into circulation. Tmobile FIX THIS GARBAGE NOW!!!!!!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! 

rep got me to try this:

settings

app

storage

clear cache

I had this problem with one contact. I deleted the contact. Added it back in. It fixed the problem. Now the name appears not that sip junk

I had this problem with one contact. I deleted the contact. Added it back in. It fixed the problem. Now the name appears not that sip junk

I've tried this along with clearing the data and the cache in the app and nothing is working. This is only happening with one contact. Was fixed for a while but after the most recent update, it's happening again. Very frustrating!

rep got me to try this:

settings

app

storage

clear cache

If you clear the data, will all messages delete? I have messages from my father who passed away that I don't want to delete. Do before I push that I'm scared they will be deleted. Thanks in advance!

I started experiencing this issue about a year ago. It is happening with only one of my contacts who happens to be a Metro PCS customer. I, of course, am a T-Mobile customer. My friend lives in Florida. I have other out-of-state contacts but his is the only one having this issue. I have him in my contacts but sporadically, his text messages will come through from that sip:+1561XXXXXXX@msg.pc.t-mobile.com;user=phone.  When I attempt to respond, my messages FAIL! Was wondering if anyone else is from Florida experiencing this same issue? Maybe we can get to the bottom of this if we pinpoint a location/state.

I started experiencing this issue about a year ago. It is happening with only one of my contacts who happens to be a Metro PCS customer. I, of course, am a T-Mobile customer. My friend lives in Florida. I have other out-of-state contacts but his is the only one having this issue. I have him in my contacts but sporadically, his text messages will come through from that sip:+1561XXXXXXX@msg.pc.t-mobile.com;user=phone.  When I attempt to respond, my messages FAIL! Was wondering if anyone else is from Florida experiencing this same issue? Maybe we can get to the bottom of this if we pinpoint a location/state.

I live in Florida.

So I’ve read the whole thread.

I JUST switched to T-mobile from now sucky Verizon

I bought 2 new Samsung S24 phones, one Ultra

I use my phone, including text for my home business

I JUST ran across this “sip+...” thing. Yes, on only 1 contact so far. And It’s a customer, luckily for me, not a family member.

However, I cannot text this number from EITHER phone. Only one (non-Ultra) phone adds the “Sip+...” thing, the other just FAILS upon trying to text.

I’ve tried all things above in suggestions, no help.

from this thread, it looks like this problem has been going on for almost a year, if not longer, and no one at either company is addressing it.

I was using the Samsung text app when this happened to me.  You know b/c is is the blue icon with the 3 white dots.  Switch to google texting app.  Need  to go to Samsung app in all apps, click off default app.  Open Google app, set as default and my problem with sip in my text message was solved.  It's true, Google message app is a no thrills customization but it WORKS.

Tried many fixes but the problem always came back, sometimes hours or a week later. The number belonged to one of my employees not on my plan.

Ditched the messaging app (bubble with dots) and downloaded Google messages (solid blue bubble).  Still working and the only thing that has worked this long so far.

I am having the same problem with one new contact. Most of the time my text doesn't go through. Sometimes it does. But only 3 times max. Why has T-mobile not yet answered this?

I think the thing that irks me the most about this issue is that t mobile themselves is not even trying to assist us with this and even though they see that their troubleshooting is not working there's nobody even giving us suggestions from their own company at all.

This is a BIG deal. Like we just total lost the ability to text 1 person and the response is like....oh ok. Like this whole thing may make me change companies. I was with Sprint since 2005. I lost the ability to text my wife. Do you not know how annoying this is? We use to send about 20,000 text per month. This has to be addressed seriously.