Question

Manually entered Contact List entry I labeled _Voicemail found spontaneously deleted

• 31 January 2024
  • 0 replies

Badge

Query:
Is there a solution to stop this happening again if it is a new Tmobile policy/Android OS “clean-up” process? Is this a known Android or Tmobile/Galaxy phone series issue?

WHY would Tmobile/Android even touch a single character in anyone’s contact list unless they updated programming for a major format or content programming change? Why wouldn’t they notify someone if they are going to or had already done something so MAJOR to someone’s critical information (Contact List content)?

How Symptom Presented:
It was there and it worked fine yesterday. Today 30Jan2024, I was going to check the Tmobile Voicemail system but when I opened the default Contact List, the entry I had MANUALLY entered into the Tmobile Contact List, the entry, which had been in my list for over 10 years, was simply gone. No trace or notice of what happened.

Other Factors:
I haven’t edited the contact entry since I first stored it. I have never “merged duplicates” or anything like that. Nor have I deleted ANY Contact List records in the past year.

It appears to be the only contacted that was deleted.

I had manually saved the contact as it just made things a lot easier for me to access my voicemail whenever I wanted to do so.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!