Question

McCloudington

• 12 January 2024
  • 11 replies

Badge

My wife has been messing with my phone for the past 4 months now. And it's so bad that there is now a :2otk: section of my phone and I have to have a "IT ADMIN" to access it and I'm so aggravated. She pretends that she has had absolutely nothing to do with anything that happens on my phone. My activity with google doesn't even record what I'm doing day to day and it's all falsified records? Like for example today at 1:35 pm it would say I accessed 20+ apps and sites in less than a minute. I don't know what to do anymore...... please help

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

factory reset the phone.

Badge

It's in the framework dude

Badge

Plus I need someone to teach me how to protect my phone from more nonsense 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@syaoran 

what you have happening to your phone isnt a normal everyday thing..your wifes been messing with your phone for 4 months..as in trying to fix it or she rooted it and now cant get it back to stock?

Badge

Idk what she exactly has done to my phone, lettne put it this way. There was a point where I couldn't even use google maps for directions? I filed for a divorce last year around March or April and the last court date is in the end of this month, she's been writing false entries in her diaries and doing anything she can to make m get upset In front of our kids. She refuses to be the Disciplinarian and let's th do a m though g they want so they'd want to be with her more. Idk what to do anymore. She's been remotely deleting anything she can . Idk how she's doing it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

deleting texts or things like your apps, emails etc? the above person i tagged knows quite a bit more about things like this and will probably end up pointing you in the direction needed.

was she plugging your phone into a computer or anything? and is she the primary account holder or are you? wondering if she added on DIGITS or something so she can view your texts etc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Head over to the XDA forums. That's where you may find help.

Badge

Umm I don't think so but she has a Adderall addiction and sometimes she'll stay awake a couple days and who knows what she does but we don't own a computer but around the same time my phone started getting messed with my USB charging port quit working and I had to start using a wireless charging pad. So yeah I don't know much about tech at all, I'm just a plumber. Hoping to get pointed in the right direction. But you said to check out XDA. Any key words I should keep an eye out for ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Copy and paste your original post there. More of a tech geek forum there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Umm I don't think so but she has a Adderall addiction and sometimes she'll stay awake a couple days and who knows what she does but we don't own a computer but around the same time my phone started getting messed with my USB charging port quit working and I had to start using a wireless charging pad. So yeah I don't know much about tech at all, I'm just a plumber. Hoping to get pointed in the right direction. But you said to check out XDA. Any key words I should keep an eye out for ? 

then something else is going on with your phone. she would basically need to hack your phone to do any of the stuff youre mentioning. which would take a computer...and a semi steady mind set lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I would definitely go with the original suggestion of resetting the phone. I also recommend you setting up a brand new Google account instead of loading your old one on. It might be a pain because you will probably lose some information, but restarting with a clean slate and fresh accounts virtually eliminates anyone’s ability to reconnect to your phone. If she had your Google account, she could at minimum keep track of the apps you use, business you do through email, and even locate your device with the Find my Device website. 

If she did download some kind of app or program that allowed more access to your phone like managing your messages or launching apps, the factory reset is going to remove those. To protect yourself in the future, set up a screen lock like a pin number or pattern. The fingerprint lock option is also a really good one if you have a phone that supports it. 

It sounds like you are in a really tough position, and it is only made worse by the fact that she has made you feel unsafe on your phone. I hope you get things ironed out on your phone, so you have at least a little peace of mind.