Solved

Mobile Hotspot and Cisco VPN

• 8 September 2016
  • 3 replies

Hello Everyone-

I can no longer connect to my corporate network from my laptop using my Galaxy S5 HotSpot and Cisco Anyconnect VPN. It used to work perfectly but not any more. I changed the APN settings to use IPv4 only and also IPv4/IPv6. Still not working. My laptop VPN works as expected using WiFi and Ethernet. Also I can browse the internet as expected using the HotSpot without the VPN. Phone is completely stock. Android 6.01. Cisco Anyconnect version 3.1. Laptop running W7 x64. Totally at a loss here. If i can't get this going I will be forced to change carriers.

Anyone have any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by sahallie 9 September 2016, 15:50

View original

3 replies

Solved!  I upgraded my Cisco AnyConnect to 4.1 from 3.1 and works like perfectly. Hope this helps someone.

Hello, Sahallie -

Could you please give me advice on which plan is better to use when you have a CISCO anyconnect connection with your employer? I will start telecommuting next year and I have a T-Mobile hotspot that I have used for vacations internet surfing until now. I am wondering if I can purchase a monthly plan with the same device and which plan will be best to use to connect via CISCO VPN . Is there a way to find out how much data I am consuming with the VPN so I don't overpay for a big plan that I am not going to use? Thank you!

I had the issue as well. All i did was disable IPv6 on the Mifi and i was able to connect.