Question

Moisture in usb port, now wont recognize data

• 5 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

My phone was not around any moisture, One day when plugging my phone into my car to use Android Auto, I got the notification of moisture in the USB and to unplug my cable. I couldn’t charge my phone via cable for some time without this notivication. I was able to re-start a bunch of times to get it to clear and allow me to charge using a cable but ever since, i can not get the phone to connect to a PC or Car for Android Auto. 

Any ideas?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i ran into this with a few devices and it wasnt the cord or moisture but how the phone was handling or reading the power coming through said cables. in my case it happened with one specific charging wall adapter. rest worked fine..just that one wall adapter.. when you are trying to charge with your car or via PC are you using the same cable or different ones?

Badge

I have tried several cords, at least 5. Also 2 PCs and one car.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

how old is your phone? it might not be reading the lower current like it used to. wall chargers all work fine but not via PC or a car charger..both of those would have lesser current push through than a wall plug in. for your vehicle you might even opt to grab a wireless charger..might be a work around if this is due to a worn port just not fully connecting enough for that lower current

Badge

The warn port makes sense but I use a wireless charger daily.. I ran into this issue trying to plug in to use Android  Auto. But I am starting to think it is a hardware issue. The phone is about 2 years old.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

wouldnt surprise me. i use wireless as well but not while driving or anywhere not including my bedroom..well did..now the only place im plugged in is mid day at work well before bedtime while being lazy in the living room watching tv lol.