Question

Motorola One 5G Ace - new text/voicemail message indicator light

• 10 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Does the Motorola One 5G Ace have a new text/voicemail message indicator light?? I just got the phone, but can’t seem to find out if it does. I’d hope it does and it just needs to be enabled.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

might not have it..does it by chance have AWD (Always on Display) or possibly edge lighting as an option in your settings-notifications?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

just googled it and per Motorola - Alerting: You’ll hear a sound, get a message on your lock screen, and can see the app’s icon in the status bar. Silent: you won’t hear sound or feel a vibration. But the notification will show up when you swipe down from the top of your screen.

there might also be an option for your flash for the camera to kick in for notifications...but it doesnt mention this..

Badge

Thanks for your input fireguy. Unfortunately, I checked every option in settings-notifications, but don’t see it. I’m going to assume it doesn’t have a new message indicator light.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

one of my LG phones in the past didnt have a notification LED but it had the always on display and i could  slide down the notifications menu from the lock screen to see what all is showing..i think my LG V60 is the same way but it has edge lighting so any new notification that comes in makes the edge of the screen light up.