Solved

My wearable and 3G retirement!

• 10 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I received a notification via snail mail that stated one of my devices would no longer be compatible after 3G retires soon. The description of the device is not correct and the device’s last 4 digits of the number was wrong but later I received a notification via SMS that the number on the letter was incorrect and showing the corrected number. It described my wearable.

The description of the device is incorrect, which does not surprise me, showing some sort of “flip-phone” as the device. My wearable is a Kospet Prime. It is a 4G Android smart watch that takes a SIM and I have it set as Paired with Digits to my main 5G One Plus 9 Pro phone.

I checked the SIM status within the watch’s settings and it shows up as 4G. I would assume that the wearable is compatible and will continue to work as usual after 3G gets killed off.

Is it correct for me to assume this?

I can understand where they may not recognize the device, but not why they would not know that the SIM they gave me for it is a 4G SIM. I didn’t get the idea that 4G would no longer be working or what the difference between that and LTE makes.

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 10 February 2022, 23:58

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i think its more along the lines of not having VoLTE capabilities..

Badge

That is “something” I suppose. I don’t exactly know what that means for a wearable smart watch that utilizes data. However, they do believe it is a flip phone that I possess. But that still doesn’t tell me if my data is going to just stop or not. If the data just ends, then that would suggest they are also retiring 4G and retaining 4G LTE. But I am not seeing anything that is actually stating that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

4G/4G LTE is one and the same. VoLTE=Voice over LTE..meaning calls would be going over data..how old is the watch?

Badge

I’ve had this device for about a year. I bought it brand new. I had brought it to a local T-Mobile store to acquire the SIM and everything fired up and connected properly as expected. It is a 4G Android smart watch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

should be fine then..only thing i can think of is the miss information in the about device area boogering things up. you will need to contact TMO either call or the preferred methods would be through Facebook or Twitter..both of those two land you with tier 2 support instead of the call in tier 1 support.

Badge

Considering that you are kinda seeing things like I am and the only thing that can botch it up is if they try and adjust things to match some device they assume I have, then things should continue to work just fine. I don’t FB and I don’t Twit. I would certainly have to call (as unfortunate as that is since I hate talking on the phone) aaand… speaking to someone behind a counter is more like tier 0 support. I will say thanks for your help. You can reply with “You’re welcome” and I will tag this as best answer. Also considering that it was my only answer. :yum:

Thanks much for your insight. Have a great day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

*Tips hat* have a great day and upcoming weekend