Solved

New S24 Not Able To Send or Receive Texts

Badge

We just changed our plan to Go5GPlus which kicked in this past Saturday. Since then, I have been unable to send or receive text messages with my wife and 1 of my 2 kids (changed my phone from a Gs10 to a Gs24 in the middle of the issue, which didn’t help). Seems like I can communicate with pretty much everyone else in my contacts as far as I can tell. It’s telling me that Message Blocking is active. It isn’t active. We’ve had two calls with support and had someone work on it in the store with no luck. They are supposedly trying to fix the problem, but I am not optimistic. I changed my sim card out because it was old, and the latest explanation was that Samsung and/or Google changed something which messed everything up. If that is the case, this would be a common problem, which it doesn’t seem to be. Anyone else experience this?

icon

Best answer by Marcs1126 5 May 2024, 17:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you use SmartSwitch when setting up your s24?  Are you using Samsung Messages or Google Messages as your default texting app?  Is RCS enabled?  

Badge

Yes, Used SmartSwitch. Using Google messages but tried others with the same result. However, it started while I was still on my Gs10, and I upgraded hoping that would help, but the issue is still happening on the GS24. We have spent hours on the phone with support and went into the store last night and the employee spent an hour with their sales support. They apparently “started a ticket.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You probably brought the issue over to your s24 by using SmartAwitch.  You should never use SmartSwitch when the devices are not on the same Release of Android or at the most, within one OS version.  Android has changed a lot from the days of the s10's.  Back up everything to your PC, factory reset the device, and manually restore things like text messages with something like SMS Backup and Restore or another app.  

Badge

Yeah, It’s tough when you’re not an expert at these things and you just follow the directions they provide. I’ll give that a shot later today when I have time, and I’ll post what happens here. Thanks for your input!

Update: it's me, logged in as myself instead of my wife when I posted the original question.  I hesitated pulling the factory reset until I exhausted all other options. We realized that the issue was not necessary on my gs24, but on the account with T-Mobile.  My wife figured out that she couldn't text anybody not on an iphone from her iphone. Found a reddit thread that suggested activating family allowances on our account. We did, and it worked! No further issues. Such a simple fix after spending hours with T mobile trying to figure it out. Almost abandoned T-Mobile altogether in favor of another carrier...