Question

Nord N20 5G January 5th 2023 Android security patch

• 12 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Android security update and bug fixes January 5th 2023, are causing major problems with connection to both Wi-Fi and data which randomly turn off and turn back on hard reset factory reset rebooting nothing solves or cures this problem and I know it's the security patch that is causing this problem. OnePlus is not the only phone being affected by this January 5th security patch Samsung also has issued a warning do not install the T-Mobile update of course you didn't warn anyone you sent out the security patch and now I'm stuck with a broken phone. When are you going to release a fix? I hope you don't plan on making us wait 2 months for the next security patch. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

in this case OP is the one that handles the security patch as they do the OS updates...and the fixes for said botched updates/patches.

Badge

No kidding the OEM for all devices handles the updates T-Mobile themselves authorizes the updates making them the responsible party besides that I bought the phone from T-Mobile don't try and pass the buck.

This is how it works LG OnePlus Samsung Google they create the updates as they come out for each individual phone then they send it over to T-Mobile because this is a T-Mobile version phone with a T-Mobile bootloader who then test it to make sure it doesn't screw the phone up and then they authorize it to be released

What happened here for some reason they T-Mobile didn't properly test this update before releasing it or authorizing it's release

Badge

9 out of 10 times but in this case with this particular January 5th 2023 security update patch and fixes it was 8 out of 10 times because Samsung devices were also affected Samsung devices with T-Mobile bootloaders that is

Also you never wonder why when you have two versions of the same phone one an T-Mobile version and the other a AT&t or some other won't be running the same version of Android

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

im well aware of how its all handled..as well as whom needs to fix it. saying Samsung had the same issues doesnt mean much seeing as how OP must create one for their variant of their phones as does Samsung.. also answered for your last comment..same phone on TMO as on ATT however they’ll be different versions due to the fact that they must be adjusted to match up with whichever carrier seeing as how they dont all run on the same network using the same bands nor have the same bloat in their phones across the board..