oneplus 9 series android 12

• 29 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

T-Mobile has patiently tested and failed Oneplus's rushed updates.  Wisely they prevented buggy deviation being released on their subscribers.  They just pushed a update a few ago with the new security updates.  They are testing the later 12 updates and have found a dozen new bugs that are unacceptable.  So we are still on 11.  I hope OnePlus quickly resolves T-Mobile's detected flaws and releases an update for T-Mobile to retest.  I appreciate not being saddled with bugs just to have the latest software.  T-Mobile takes better care of their customers then most.  I also appreciate the continually improving network conditions.  The Sprint tower reworks and band adjustments have been improving service here but by bit.  Keep it up and soon there will be more of us in Pink.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

its shocking how many people dont get this and would rather stomp their feet around screaming…

12 across the board has been buggy as heck..as is Sammy is deploying it in super small batches due to the issues they ran into previously soft bricking devices on another carrier.. and thats just Sammy..

I call BS about all the network optimization crap. All the unlocked versions have android 12 months ago. Pixel has it. My wife's older  Samsung note  has it. My OnePlus 9 used to have awesome 5G coverage, now only 4G. 

The x-pan was never released for the T-Mobile version and also has no Bitmoji AOD.

I did not find bloat ware excessive and managed to delete or force stop some. Like feed on chrome browser was annoying but its settings are in Chrome. And if they fix a buggy android 12 great  All of us want the best update turnouts but fixing those bugs is better. 

I have browsed through a lot of these posts and 12 definitely is more cumbersome and compartmentalized that it was before, but I guess I have to get used to it. I wanted to ask if anyone else has this concern, because my main concerns with cell phones in general is security. Even with 11, I always had the pocket screen protector button on and I use a lock screen but whether it's pulling my phone out of my pocket or waking up to find that there's sites open, or Google is showing a topic in my search box (ex: the reason I got on this forum this morning is bc there were searches on how to say "hi in Hindi" and I live in VA. And I close out everything prior to going to sleep. Sometimes I'll pull my phone out of my pocket and I'll be halfway through a membership of something. And I have a lock screen, password, so I was just wondering if any of that happens to you guys or what do you do on a daily basis to get rid of bloatwear or update security, do you think McAfee is good, etc? I don't sync any devices but I do connect via Bluetooth with my Pioneer deck in my car, so I'm susceptible to being compromised. But the One Plus 9 was doing this before getting the car stereo and my Default only allows 5-4 G where it used to offer 2,3,4 or 5 based on when it needed. All of those dual and intelligent wifi features are limited. No chance of rolling back to 11 I don't suspose? Thanks