Question

OnePlus Nord200 5G won't connect to Android Auto

Badge

My newly purchased N200 5G will not connect to my car’s Android Auto when I plug in a cable. The [phone buzzes like it wants to connect, but nothing happens. I don’t have access to Maps or audio control. Has anyone figured out how to solve this problem?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried using Bluetooth?

Badge

Yes. Bluetooth allows me to connect to my music and make calls (sometimes) but I don’t have access to Maps or any of the other Android Auto options.

I'm having the exact same issue. Any resolution?

I’m following. I got the phone a month or so ago, and it used to work. then I started getting a message to try another cable. (Originally, i had an Anker cable. I’ve tried several very short cables, but I still can’t connect.) I tried to unpair everything and re-connect, and after doing that it doesn’t even recognize that Android Auto is connected. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Does the cable you are using support data and charging or is it just a bargain charging cable?  Have you tried the cable that came with your device?

I used Anker cable. I can't use original cable because my car has usb c connector 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Purchase a cable that will work with your car that is for charging and data, not just charging to see if that works or pick up an adapter for the cable that came with your device to try that cable.  

Badge

I’ve been researching this for months and while not specific to the Nord N200, I’ve seen reports that some OnePlus models have problems with Android Auto.  I’ve found that if you go into the App Management under settings and force Android Auto to stop, it will usually connect after that.  However, it still frequently has problems like the screen going black and coming back or certain media apps don’t work or stop working.  

Also, after using Android Auto I usually have to reboot the phone because it becomes unusably slow.  I have an Iphone from work and it has none of these problems with the same car and cable of the same brand.  I also tried an older Samsung A20 tethered to my Nord and it worked fine as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sometimes enabling USB Debugging on the device can help with the connection as well.

Badge

It's been a yr and I've yet to resolve this issue.  I've spoken to customer service at OnePlus, followed their instructions and still was unable to connect.  They finally suggested that I factory reset the phone  and try again.  Not sure I want to go to that drastic option.