Solved

Other Options

• 15 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

My phone is old, only works in safe mode, and needs to be replaced. I am eligible for a free upgrade, which I need desperately. If I upgrade online, the phone won’t ship until 01/30 - 02/14, not acceptable. When I go into stores, I am told some phones may not be available until 01/30 and I am expected to pay. Equally unacceptable. Are there any other options? Waving fees at a retailer? This problem will be a week old tomorrow. Any assistance with this issue would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 15 January 2024, 20:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

how old of a phone do you currently have? is it a 5G phone? there might be a free upgrade to take you up to a 5G capable phone if you currently have a 4G non VoLTE phone..wont be able to work on their network..which sounds a lot like what you have going on anyways.

Badge

I have a Galaxy S10+. The phone was working fine a week ago. The battery died and started up in a boot loop once charged. The boot loop continent unless in safe mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

usually if things start working in safe mode its due to either a rogue app or a couple apps not playing nice with each other. you might try deleting or disabling the most recent apps you updated or added to your phone then work your way back until it starts working again. i cant remember the break off age wise with the S series to remember when they switched to 5G..i think it was further back so you should be fine there. safe mode shuts down all 3rd party apps but leaves the built in apps alone.