Question

Phone calls and text messages not going thru 12/25

• 25 December 2022
  • 10 replies

Badge

Anybody experiencing this? Phone calls and text messages not going thru 12/25

In this message Related topics “warranty exchange” is pre-populated and well, it’s not related to this issue...In the midwest in the middle of a extremely cold snap.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No issues here so far.  I have sent close to 100 messages over the past couple of hours easily and made about a dozen calls.

It has been happening to me for a couple days; I am on East coast.  Thought something wrong with my phone and was contemplating shopping for a new one

Badge

I’m in SE Iowa and perhaps this is another problem that needs to be somewhere else? I don’t have a problem calling or sending messages. But I have noticed, since 12/22/22, the people that have USCellular service have called and wanted to know why I didn’t respond to their text. So, experimenting with four known USCellular customers, they can receive my text’s but I cannot receive theirs. Don’t know why and not sure who to contact about it. I can receive text’s from Verizon and others.

Well, that might be it for me then.  Trying all day Christmas Eve day to get landlord (who has never been unreachable before) about a frozen pipe and still no response.  He has US cellular, also when I tried calling it went straight to voicemail, again, he always answers his phone immediately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Well, that might be it for me then.  Trying all day Christmas Eve day to get landlord (who has never been unreachable before) about a frozen pipe and still no response.  He has US cellular, also when I tried calling it went straight to voicemail, again, he always answers his phone immediately.

That sounds like a US Cellular issue then.  T-Mobile can't bypass their device ringing.  Being a holiday, maybe they had their phone off.  Once T-Mobile connects the call, it will ring if the device is reachable by the person's carrier or go straight to.voicemail if the device doesn't have any signal to connect to the network or the device is off.

Makes sense to me and with the text messages going unanswered as well.

Yes ..had same issue Dec 25 in early a.m. here in Arizona. Persons I was trying to reach were on Verizon. But it seemed this problem was on my end.

Wreaked some havoc with family in the midwest as one would go through but others were out of order. Frustrating after spending hundreds of ars to come to TMobile just a couple weeks ago.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I live in AZ and had no issue texting relatives in the Midwest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I live in AZ and had no issue texting relatives in the Midwest.

I had no issues calling or texting anyone on Verizon either from Hampton, VA.

I am CONSTANTLY having issues with my texts not going thru and getting really irritated. Last month called their cust service who walked me thru. Things went well for a while and here I am again with same issue. I'm about ready to go elsewhere