Question

Phone calls not ringing while on wifi

• 15 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

While on wifi my phone doesnt ring.  Infact the people callling me says it doesnt even connect.  Anyone heard of this?  Just started past few weeks.

And I am NOT using wifi calling. Never had to before and dont plan on it

Galaxy s21

6 replies

Same for me on T-Mobile WiFi.  My Android v11 Moto G Power won't ring on incoming calls if I have Wifi enabled.  However, I can call out on WiFi with no problems.  When I turn off WiFi at the phone and revert back to my cell phone carrier, it rings as normal.

Badge

I still have this issue as well. The support just says don’t use Wi-Fi calling basically, like really! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Speeds, VPN, and ports dictates how well it works. Open networks often have certain ports closed for security reasons. Need more information needed like device, from where,and how long you had it and when problems happen. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I still have this issue as well. The support just says don’t use Wi-Fi calling basically, like really! 

are you also not using wifi calling but connected to wifi or are you actually using wifi calling?

Try turning WiFi calling off, then back on.  My phone wasn’t ringing, then it started after that .  Not sure how long it will last….

I had the same issue and I finally found a solution.  It didn’t have anything to do with WiFi calling being on, just being connected to WiFi.  My fix was to go SETTINGS, then APPS, then PHONE (yes, the phone APP), then click on Storage and cache, then clear the storage and cache.  Once I did that, problem was solved.