Solved

Phone compatibility, device and data plan

• 21 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am interested to buy T-mobile plan but before that I need the confirmation whether my phone Redmi Note 8 pro(Xiaomi manufactured) with IMEI numbers: 869646046635272 and 869646046635280 will be compatible with 4G or 5G data plan. I currently live in India BUT will be coming to 1547 Worthington Street Columbus, Ohio 43201 on 14th August to study at The Ohio State University. I need to confirm whether I have checked already in the 'Bring your Phone' section of the website, and it says my phone is compatible. Is the network strong enough at my address mentioned above. ARE THEIR ANY STUDENT OFFERS FOR ME SINCE I'M GONNA BE A STUDENT AT THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY.  Please guide me towards the best 5G/4G plan for me WHICHEVER IS COMPATIBLE WITH MY PHONE

icon

Best answer by syaoran 21 July 2023, 14:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It all depends if the phone supports Tmobile's VoLte. From what I've read most of the Redmi phones don't support it.

@syaoran 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

More than likely, the Redmi will not support T-Mobile's VoLTE implementation.  What firmware is the device running?  Global is still very hit and miss but the chances are better with Global over a region specific firmware.