Solved

Phone compatibility, device and data plan

• 5 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

im traveling to Las Vegas and i have a Xiaomi redmi note 12 pro, a Xiaomi redmi note 12 and a xiaomi remi note 10. I have seen that some devices have problems with prepaid sim cards. I 

verify the IMEI number and says that it is no problem but i would like to be sure before purchasing anything.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 5 January 2024, 15:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It all depends on if it meets Tmobile’s VolTe standards.

@syaoran might know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

im traveling to Las Vegas and i have a Xiaomi redmi note 12 pro, a Xiaomi redmi note 12 and a xiaomi remi note 10. I have seen that some devices have problems with prepaid sim cards. I 

verify the IMEI number and says that it is no problem but i would like to be sure before purchasing anything.

Thanks.

Xiaomi, Redmi, and other Asian focused devices usually do not meet US carrier compatibility for VoLTE.  Even on Global ROM's, you still usually don't get the stock implementation of VoLTE and WiFi Calling to be able to male calls on T-Mobile.  The only reason my Xiaomi MI MIX 3 did, was because I used qpst to force a new carrier profile on the Global ROM after manually adding it, which is well beyond the average users knowledge.  

Badge

Thanks for the reply, one thing more, i dont mind if im not able to call anyone, i just want the internet conection, do you know if that will work?