• 3 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

my phone won't place or receive calls but texts OK

t mobile support is stumped.

legacy prepaid with account balance

t mobile support sent me a new sim: no help

t mobile support cancelled my account and created a new one: no help

my sim from another phone works in this phone;  this sim does not work in any other phone

went to t mobile store: they confirmed it wasn’t my phone at fault but they got the same runaround from t mobile support I’ve been getting

any help is appreciated

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and putting your sim card from the current phone into the work phone has the same results or does it work fine for calls to and from then?

Badge

I have 2 nearly identical samsung phones. Phone A won’t make calls, phone B works perfectly. If I switch sim cards phone B won’t make calls, phone A works perfectly.

Badge

When I try to place a call the phone doesn’t seem to dial at all, but almost immediately displays “call ended” and reverts to previous screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

see all that still points right back at the sim card. either a registration deal or im not to sure..but if it starts working once another sim card is put into it its gotta be something along the two i mentioned above.. the sim swaps out the number associated with that phone as well..which still points at sim card or account itself somehow.

Badge

So far we’ve tried 3 different sim cards: the original, the one t mobile sent me and one the retail store put in. They also created a new account.

I think a new phone number might work but they charge $15 to change it on a prepaid account, and I don’t want to waste the money if it doesn’t fix the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

So far we’ve tried 3 different sim cards: the original, the one t mobile sent me and one the retail store put in. They also created a new account.

I think a new phone number might work but they charge $15 to change it on a prepaid account, and I don’t want to waste the money if it doesn’t fix the problem.

Since the issue follows the sim card/phone number, changing the sim card usually puts things in place to fix the issue. Changing the phone number can be stressful because then you have to give everyone your new number and it is a pain in the neck. We don’t want you to have to go through all that to fix something like this. What I would do is contact the support team again and have them file a ticket for outbound call failures. This will involve our engineers and they can take a look at your network profile and other calling details to find and resolve whatever is broken.