Photos uploaded in storage saver with pixel 6A counting against allotted storage

• 18 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I asked this over on Google photos, question board as well, but so far haven't received a response. I have recently had some photos and videos that I uploaded with my Pixel 6A to Google photos under storage saver quality count against my overall Google drive storage, but other photos uploaded with my Pixel 6A don't count against it. Has anyone else been having this issue?

For context, With my Pixel 3A all photos uploaded to Google photos with quality saver where not counted against my Google drive storage. I can't imagine Google changed the policy for the pixel 6, or?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Google recently changed the amount ofstorage size which is why Amazon is offering unlimited cloud storage to their prime users.

Badge

Thanks gramps. I confirmed the info on Google Photos help, and no more free uploads after the Pixel 5. Sad life. Should have kept my 3a for the uploads, but the 6a is so snappy!

It's only $1.99/month for 100GB or $20/year for Google storage, not as good as free like it was but that's a lot of photo storage for not much money.

I was hesitant at first but at least I don't have to worry about it and upload full quality photos now. I have years worth of pictures and it's only 20GB.