Pixel 3a XL screen died. Where to fix?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

My wife’s Pixel 3a XL got dropped and now the screen won’t turn back on. We’re trying to find repair options.

We tried using Repair - Google Store but it won’t accept neither the IMEI nor the Serial number saying, “Your device wasn't found. Make sure to enter the case-sensitive IMEI or serial number correctly, and try again. If you can't find your IMEI or serial number because your phone won't turn on, Contact us

So we tried Ubreakifix, but they want us to ship it to them by dropping it off at a UPS store. But there isn’t a UPS store anywhere near us.

Any thoughts?

gramps28 11 months ago

It's probably better to get a new phone. Check out Swappa for used phones.

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is there a Staples store or Walgreens near you? They usually have pick up there.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Is there a Staples store or Walgreens near you? They usually have pick up there.

When the road is open (not every day or hour) there’s a Walgreens about an hour and a half away. The always open highways would take closer to three hours to reach one of those stores.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

mall kiosks that do phone repairs?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

mall kiosks that do phone repairs?

Um, the closest mall is also 3 hours away. There’s a girl in town that says she repairs phones. But I’m looking at prices of used Pixel 3a XL’s and wondering if it would be worth the repair.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

The hard part now is just picking out a phone. iPhone vs. Galaxy vs. Pixel vs. everything else...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The hard part now is just picking out a phone. iPhone vs. Galaxy vs. Pixel vs. everything else...

I personally like the Pixel line.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I told my wife that all the new flagship phones no longer come with a 3.5mm headset jack but you can get an adapter. She didn’t like the idea.

I do know she’s always running out of space (64GB). The Pixel 7 has double her current phone (128GB), but I’m wondering if that’s enough.

She loves to take pictures, which is part of the reason her phone fills up so fast. So a good camera would be welcome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

They also have a 256gb version but I don't think Tmobile carries it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I got her a Pixel 7 Pro on Swappa. Still the T-Mobile 128GB version. But it was $490 instead of $899 and is said to be in mint condition.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Wow, that's a nice upgrade for her.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Now I just need to find her a military grade phone protector. This was going to be our third time trying to get the Pixel 3a XL fixed even though it always had an Otterbox.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Well, my wife isn’t happy with her Pixel 7 Pro. First of all, we can’t figure out how to turn off or restart the phone as pressing the power button only turns on Google Assitant. Right now the phone isn’t getting any internet and we can’t figure out why.

She also battles with not having a 3.5mm headhphone jack.