Question

Pixel 6 Pro Wireless Charging

• 24 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Has anyone else experienced wireless charging issues with their Pixel 6 Pro? And if so, do you have any fixes/suggestions? My issues started when I (foolishly) accepted the upgrade to Android 13. My new phone wirelessly charged (flawlessly) after purchase for about a week before installing Android 13. I realize the timing of the issue could be a coincidence and this is just a normal hardware/software problem. The phone provides a “connected but not charging” message when placed on any of my charging stands. It seems to wirelessly charge just fine when I boot into Safe Mode. Does this suggest a software issue?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Has anyone else experienced wireless charging issues with their Pixel 6 Pro? And if so, do you have any fixes/suggestions? My issues started when I (foolishly) accepted the upgrade to Android 13. My new phone wirelessly charged (flawlessly) after purchase for about a week before installing Android 13. I realize the timing of the issue could be a coincidence and this is just a normal hardware/software problem. The phone provides a “connected but not charging” message when placed on any of my charging stands. It seems to wirelessly charge just fine when I boot into Safe Mode. Does this suggest a software issue?

it does however the fact that booting into safe mode makes it start working again kind of points at a non stock app possibly being the culprit..i have now heard of the charging issue from a few posters now in here but thats the first hearing safe mode made it work again.

hardest part will be trying to figure out what safe mode is turning off that is fixing it..then either updating it to be compatible again or yeeting it..

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I get intermittent wireless charging issues and it’s usually when my 6 gets a little hot.

Right now it’s on a wireless charger streaming radio and no issues but yesterday it wouldn’t charge doing the same thing.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The wireless charging and a handful of other issues were known before the Android 13 release.  When they will be fixed is anyone's guess.