Question

Pixel phone texting random extra recipient in group text

• 15 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

We just upgraded our phones (Pixel 5A) and my wife's phone is occasionally sending group texts to a separate conversation with an extra recipient. 

The random extra recipient is listed as "gigaty+[her phone number]@bicotdbqqzo.com"

I'm wondering if something dorked up when I swapped out the SIM card to the new phone, but hers is the only one doing that. It's super annoying since it's splitting conversations into two separate chats. I had a similar issue on my phone when we switched over from Sprint a couple months ago, but it went away after a couple hours. I haven't been able to find anything on Google about this issue.

Anybody know how to fix?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sounds like it might me the result of a rogue app on the device.  Has she installed any new apps that might be causing the issue? 

Badge

Not to my knowledge, it started as soon as I turned on the phone and the SIM card was installed. She did a data transfer from the old phone (Pixel 3A) but we never had this issue before (other than briefly on mine as I mentioned in the original post)