Solved

RCS Universal Profile Issues

I recently tried google messages and i did not like it, i reverted back to samsung messages stock app and i can no longer get messages from samsung phone on t mobile network. It seems to be an RCS messaging issue please help i have swapped out sim and swapped out phone with a warranty and it still is not working.

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 1 June 2020, 19:41

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If it works using a different messaging app, then I am going to say the Samsung app is the issue. There are plenty of messaging apps put there.  Textra is just one of many you might want to try.

it works in google messages if i turn on chat feature and they come in as mms not rcs messages, i also dont want to use another app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Have you tried making the Samsung Messaging app the default messaging app?

Yes I have I got a warranty swap today and updated all the Samsung apps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

So when you go into settings / apps and hit the 3 dots and choose Default apps, under SMS ..... it just lists "Messages"?

Yes that is correct no other messaging app

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Then e-mail Samsung's Messages app support and report the issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Did you copy all your information from your old phone to your new phone? If so, you may have copied a software glitch over. Could you try resetting the device and testing without installing any apps or copying over any information?

Have you tried wiping the cache of both the Google messaging app and the Samsung messaging app?

I'm having the same problem, trying to use Samsung messages. It was announced a few days ago that cross platform rcs was active on 40 devices on t-mobile with the stock messaging apps. No need to download any apps or activate anything. However, I've been trying since then to send and receive chats on different devices and carriers using Google messages and my stock app doesn't send or receive rcs. Supposed to be active and it's clearly not. It's not a Samsung messages app problem, it's just not active in the system. So quit blowing smoke and activate it or at least admit that it's not active yet.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I checked out our press release and it should be part of the default messaging app as long as your device supports RCS Universal Profile 1.0. If it's not working and you've cleared out the app cache/data and reset your device, definitely contact us over the phone or through Facebook/Twitter. One of our Experts will make sure your account is set up correctly and file a ticket as needed.

This issue could not be resolved after about a week not being able to get messages from family members I was forced to change my number and allí was offered was 20 dollars I am still not done calling places to change my number and have not even tried to figure out how to change the number on business cards.

Is rcs not working im the samsung galaxy app ? My sister in law has the samsung messages app and I have a Google  messages app and we were able to read and see the typing  but all of the sudden she doesn't have that option anymore  

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

The Samsung Messaging app is RCS “like” and it functions as a messaging app even when the network RCS info is spotty, so she may see the RCS capabilities come and go as she uses the app. However, I like it better than Google Messages myself. :wink:

There's not rcs for samsung app when it comes to the s20 phones and note  20 

Rcs on samsung app only works on older phones and between  tmobile networks my sister  in law has an 8 and her brothers a 9 ans 10 and they can read and see typing that's why I decided to use Google messages 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Actually, I’m using a Samsung Note 20 Ultra...so it does work if you enable the features.:wink:

Can you message  other people using  Google messages  ? Or messages  other  people with different carriers?

I still don't have rcs messages on my samsung note 20 ultra  

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Just open the messaging app, hit the 3dots, settings and enable all of the notifications - delivery, read, etc.

There's no croscarrier rcs like tmobile website says I switched back to samsung app and the only rcs working is between tmobile users it was available months ago but stop working I hope they fix it soon 

Actually, I’m using a Samsung Note 20 Ultra...so it does work if you enable the features.:wink:

Do you have a digits line ( samsung watch)?

I had a digits line ( samsung watch ) linked to my phone number I canceled and the next day rcs cross carrier using samsung messages started to work. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

No, I have never used a digits line. Sorry, I didn’t see your reply earlier, but I’m glad everything started to work for you! :wink:

Turning off the watch plan from the watch fixed the trying to verify your phone number. Within 30 seconds of turning of the plan Google messages connected.  After un-pairing my watch phone number to my cellphone number, after a few hours,  Samsung messages blue dots started re-appearing. And cross-carrier RCS absolutely works.  I have read receipts and typing indicators with Xfinity users I know and verified they are not using Google messages. Verizon just turned on UP on their S20 ULTRA phones with their latest update. 

Turning off the watch plan from the watch fixed the trying to verify your phone number. Within 30 seconds of turning of the plan Google messages connected.  After un-pairing my watch phone number to my cellphone number, after a few hours,  Samsung messages blue dots started re-appearing. And cross-carrier RCS absolutely works.  I have read receipts and typing indicators with Xfinity users I know and verified they are not using Google messages. Verizon just turned on UP on their S20 ULTRA phones with their latest update. 

You have t-mobile? And did you cancel the watch plan?