Solved

Reburbished Flip3 Amazon

• 8 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

One of our Flip3 phones broke (after 2 years).  Can we get a refurbished TMobile Flip3 from Amazon (cheaper than at the store and cheaper than fixing)?  (I searched this topic before asking and only saw answers for iPhones.)  We’re not near a TMobile store for approx 2 weeks.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 9 November 2023, 04:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you can however if its not unlocked from the prior owner you’ll be stuck with a phone you cant unlock down the road since technically youre not the original owner. make absolute sure its been unlocked.

Badge

Oh, yeah, I can see how being stuck with someone else’s data would not work.  How would I make sure it’s really unlocked?  There are several from mobile phone dealers that say TMobile Unlocked, so I would assume that is correct, but now I’m skeptical.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you don't mind buying used try going to Swappa, the phones that are sold on the site are certified to be unlocked and not blacklisted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh, yeah, I can see how being stuck with someone else’s data would not work.  How would I make sure it’s really unlocked?  There are several from mobile phone dealers that say TMobile Unlocked, so I would assume that is correct, but now I’m skeptical.

At one time you had to have a SIM from a different carrier to test in the phone but my current phone has a SIM-lock status in the Settings menu. In my phone it’s under About Device.