Question

recommendations before upgrading le2127 to Android 12?

• 26 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I've heard horror stories about Android 12s roll out. I'm afraid I'm gonna lose everything or have a expensive paperweight that won't even be able to operate while being multiple months behind on security updates…

I did backups, which I don't trust... Which is why I also just copied the entirety of the internal storage files onto my computer just in case. I always dread when the OS upgrade comes around because settings get changed, backgrounds get lost somehow, notification alerts change, and then I gotta go through every page in the settings menu to get things close to how I had it before the upgrade…

If this upgrade is awful, is there anything I need to do to be able to switch back to Android 11 and have all my settings intact? Or is it just a pipe dream for that to even be a possibility?

3 replies

Dont do it.  Buggy as hell.  I am trying to figure out how to roll my update back.  No idea if that is even possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As mentioned, don’t update currently.  If anything, wait for Android 13, which should be available in October.  If you update, you will not be able to roll back without losing everything.  The only way I would recommend using to roll back, is with the MSM Tool, which can be found in the XDA forum for your device or on the OnePlus forums for your device. 

The learning curve for using the MSM Tool isn’t very friendly.  You will need to boot Windows with Driver Signing Enforcement disabled, install unsigned drivers in Windows multiple times, be familiar with Device Manager and manually choosing drivers, and use a tool that if interrupted for any reason before it completes, will hard brick your device.  

Badge

I've heard horror stories about Android 12s roll out. I'm afraid I'm gonna lose everything or have a expensive paperweight that won't even be able to operate while being multiple months behind on security updates…

I did backups, which I don't trust... Which is why I also just copied the entirety of the internal storage files onto my computer just in case. I always dread when the OS upgrade comes around because settings get changed, backgrounds get lost somehow, notification alerts change, and then I gotta go through every page in the settings menu to get things close to how I had it before the upgrade…

If this upgrade is awful, is there anything I need to do to be able to switch back to Android 11 and have all my settings intact? Or is it just a pipe dream for that to even be a possibility?