Question

Revvl 6 Pro Gmail attachments

Badge

Hello, I’ve been searching for a solution for unable to download attachments in the Gmail app on this device. I recently got the new phone about 2 weeks ago. I’ve done the “fixes” seen in the Google forums for Gmail attachment issues, but it will not fix it. 

I have also uninstalled the update for Gmail, then reinstalled it. Mimicked settings for Gmail just like my old phone (a Motorola) and it still will not download attachments. Yet, when I added my Gmail account to the Microsoft Outlook app, I am able to download attachments from my Gmail account.

Anyone else have this issue? I’m at a loss for what else to do.

46 replies

Same problem here.  Just got the phone on 2-16-23.  T-Mobile get in gear and fix this issue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey all. Thanks for the heads up about the Gmail attachment issue! We at T-Mobile thrive on feedback like this so we can identify issues and work towards a fix. Now that we know this is going on, we are working with the equipment manufacture to get it fixed. Email is so important because of the ability to send and receive those attachments so we are so sorry for any trouble this has caused. Thanks for giving us a chance to dig deeper and sort it out for you.

I actually called tech support on 2-21-2023 and had them create a ticket for this issue.  Let’s see what happens…  I’m not holding my breath considering this post has been out there for 5 months and this is the first time I’ve seen a reply from Tmobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I actually called tech support on 2-21-2023 and had them create a ticket for this issue.  Let’s see what happens…  I’m not holding my breath considering this post has been out there for 5 months and this is the first time I’ve seen a reply from Tmobile

the site is primarily a peer to peer assistance site..

she did mention that this is something the OEM needs to fix on their end..not on the TMO side..

Wish I'd thought to Google this issue before. Now I know it's that Gmail and this Revvl model have incompatibility issues and here we are in June 2023 and still no resolution. In addition none of T-Mobile's phone support I've dealt with in vain appear aware of this. Don't want Outlook so guess I just gotta do the Google drive end around to download. The Revvl 6pro has to be the worst handheld in history. T-Mobile should be very proud of it's stellar 2.3 rating on its own site.

7-14-23

I had a huge billing issue with Tmobile and I went all the way to the top on this one.  After the billing issue was resolved I decided to give him and ear full of the gmail attachment download issue.  He said he would report it but again I’m thinking it fell on deaf ears.

So its been a year since this problem was 1st found and still no fix!!! I to am having this issue with revvl 6 pro

I can't believe that Gmail doesn't work on an android phone.  Oy.  I just drove myself mad thinking it had to be some leftover problem from transferring the app across devices.  Ugh.  No resolution to this still?

And I have the REVVL TAB 5G with the same issue. Tried already all fixes. 

Badge

I faced  the same problem with REVV  6x PRO 5G.  I tried  to  talk  to  T-mobile support  and  even the supervisor to exchange  this  phone to  the phone where Gmail  is working.  I was refused. Why  does T-Mobile  continue to sell  this  model? 

Maybe I should  claim  the exchange of my phone  and mail the request with the offical letter  to T-Mobile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile has no control over what apps do and don't function fully on Android.  Raising the issue with Google through the, provide feedback for the Gmail app in the Play Store, is the best way to get this addressed.

Badge

T-Mobile has no control over what apps do and don't function fully on Android.  Raising the issue with Google through the, provide feedback for the Gmail app in the Play Store, is the best way to get this addressed.

This is the issue  only  this particular model. if fact this is  the issue of this  phone software (Android). Why doest T-Mobile  continue  to give  this model with  this  known  issue? It looks  like a bluetooth car  doesn’t  work  with  the specific model. The driver  should  claim  to  Toyota  or just   exchange  this  phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This is the issue  only  this particular model. if fact this is  the issue of this  phone software (Android). Why doest T-Mobile  continue  to give  this model with  this  known  issue? It looks  like a bluetooth car  doesn’t  work  with  the specific model. The driver  should  claim  to  Toyota  or just   exchange  this  phone?

That's probably a model overlooked by Google or the apps developer.  There are many different criteria a device has to meet for apps to work and some features are limited by device model for whatever reason they chose to limit it.  In some cases, it's an upgrade push, like Microsoft did with Windows 11.  As a tester, I had Windows 11 Pro running on an i7 4770k stock that ran pretty much as well as it did on my Ryzen 5900X system.  The restrictions are more than likely coded into the app.

Badge

That's probably a model overlooked by Google or the apps developer.  There are many different criteria a device has to meet for apps to work and some features are limited by device model for whatever reason they chose to limit it.  In some cases, it's an upgrade push, like Microsoft did with Windows 11.  As a tester, I had Windows 11 Pro running on an i7 4770k stock that ran pretty much as well as it did on my Ryzen 5900X system.  The restrictions are more than likely coded into the app.

I do not care about  specific limits.  I know that Google  does not support Huawei,  and I  did not buy Huawei. I  got  this  model  from my provider. I want that this phone supports the set of  basic  standart  application.  Google  set  of applications  is  that  standart. Where am I not right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Support and fully functioning are two very different things.  Gmail works for the most part.  Attachments not working doesn't break the apps function to send and receive Gmail.  Regardless of how you want to look at it.  The app is Google's or whoever they contract to develop it.  Not the carrier.  The carrier is just a retailer and service provider.

Badge

Support and fully functioning are two very different things.  Gmail works for the most part.  Attachments not working doesn't break the apps function to send and receive Gmail.  Regardless of how you want to look at it.  The app is Google's or whoever they contract to develop it.  Not the carrier.  The carrier is just a retailer and service provider.

This phone works under Android. This is OS that  controls and manages  apps including Google set. Google apps  has  specifications  for  all Andoid versions. Some  old  versions can’t  support  this specitications.  But  Revv  6x 5PRG  is working under the fresh Android  version. A few  parts  of software are responsible  for downloading attached files. I mean Download Manager, MIME Type Handling, App Components  etc. It seems to me that  it is the reasons or just access issue in Android.  Before  selling those phones I  should have been  warned  about  this  issue.  Now emailing  is not  only exchanging  short  messages. 

The REVVL 6 PRO 5G is a T-Mobile branded phone just like Samsung, Apple, Motorola, etc.  They just released Andoid 13.  Their software engineers did all the work.  So it is their responsibility to ensure that all the regular apps work even if they are from Google.  They didn’t do that.  The software is defective.

But, as another poster stated you can work around it.  Install any other email manager that permits multiple email account.  I use yahoo mail manager, and installed my sbcglobal account and gmail acccount.  I can download from this email manager all gmail attachments, open pdf files, forward them, print, etc.  No problem.  Works fine.

There may be other solutions in workarounds, but haven’t found them yet.  The above works.

TXFrank

Badge

The REVVL 6 PRO 5G is a T-Mobile branded phone just like Samsung, Apple, Motorola, etc.  They just released Andoid 13.  Their software engineers did all the work.  So it is their responsibility to ensure that all the regular apps work even if they are from Google.  They didn’t do that.  The software is defective.

But, as another poster stated you can work around it.  Install any other email manager that permits multiple email account.  I use yahoo mail manager, and installed my sbcglobal account and gmail acccount.  I can download from this email manager all gmail attachments, open pdf files, forward them, print, etc.  No problem.  Works fine.

There may be other solutions in workarounds, but haven’t found them yet.  The above works.

TXFrank

Thanks  for  your  workaround. I have read  about  it. I am wondering if T-Mobile support  and T-Mobile  developers  read  this T-Mobile  community  at all?  I  think NO.  Looks  like  T-Mobile  wants  to  give these phones to everyone for  free.  Actually,  I  don’t  want  to  create   any  extra accounts  and  install  any extra   applications  just  because  the developers  don’t  want  or  can’t  do fix  their  mistake.  Besides  this  problem  the  phone  model  has  others  issues,  and  even  native T-Mobile account application  does not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

TXFrank

Thanks  for  your  workaround. I have read  about  it. I am wondering if T-Mobile support  and T-Mobile  developers  read  this T-Mobile  community  at all?  I  think NO.  Looks  like  T-Mobile  wants  to  give these phones to everyone for  free.  Actually,  I  don’t  want  to  create   any  extra accounts  and  install  any extra   applications  just  because  the developers  don’t  want  or  can’t  do fix  their  mistake.  Besides  this  problem  the  phone  model  has  others  issues,  and  even  native T-Mobile account application  does not work.

These devices are created for T-Mobile and developed for by a third party.  There is a reason why they are handed out for next to nothing.  Because it's as barely close to functional in the hope you eventually purchase something better.  

Badge

TXFrank

These devices are created for T-Mobile and developed for by a third party.  There is a reason why they are handed out for next to nothing.  Because it's as barely close to functional in the hope you eventually purchase something better.  

You are absolutely right. I can not  understand  why  T-Mobile  keeps  selling  this  model.  T-Mobile  should  stop  selling  this phone  and  do not  ruin  its  reputation  as a brand

I found the way around.  I have the yahoo mail act.  I forwarded my gmails with attachments to my yahoo mail and could open and play, show pictures without any problem.   May be other email services like .aol, .net could be used also.