Solved

S21 - After Android 12 update, can't get rid of T-Mobile notifications

• 19 November 2021
  • 14 replies

Badge

I have T-Mobile notifications about apps that were updated/installed after the Android 12 install, and the notifications won’t go away. Can’t swipe them away right or left, and there’s no other way to get rid of them.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 25 March 2022, 13:33

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is it saying they were updated or that they need to be updated? and are they Samsung apps or are they pushing you into the play store?

Same problem

What happens when we try to swipe away:

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you reboot your device to see if that gets rid of them? 

No. I did not. Thank you for that. I rebooted my rev/vl just now after verifying that notification had still existed and when the phone completed the reboot the notification had cleared. Thanks so much. I will begin trying the reboot before seeking help next time. This is a new phone and the thought had not occurred to me for some reason. Glad you did not assume I would have tried this. Great Job!😃👍

Same problem, same solution.  Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the same issue. However, I did not understand the solution. I did restart my REVVL 5 and that particular notification disappeared. However, I still cannot disable future notifications. I did uninstall updates for T-Mobile Play app. T-Mobile - please fix this ASAP. It is annoying to get notifications about random stuff I don’t care about and not be able to turn them off!

Agree! I have rebooted the phone which just made it so I had to go in and change all the various access points from T-Mobile play. After doing this, again, and again, my phone is still littered with notifications. Very annoying when the phone service I am paying for is the source of these annoyances! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is there anyone from T-Mobile on this forum? How do you let them know? I have also reviewed the app and provided feedback on Google Play but the issue persists.

I went into the store and they were no help. It's only been an issue since the last mandatory update. I may try to chat with customer service, that takes time. In the past, their suggestion has been to go to the store🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 1
Badge

I went into the store and they were no help. It's only been an issue since the last mandatory update. I may try to chat with customer service, that takes time. In the past, their suggestion has been to go to the store🤷‍♀️

If you are able to chat with customer service, please keep us posted. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Is there anyone from T-Mobile on this forum? How do you let them know? I have also reviewed the app and provided feedback on Google Play but the issue persists.

peer to peer assistance with a handful of admins/moderators to keep the site in order only. you’ll need to call in (tier 1 support) or one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter (tier 2 support).

the last two are the preferred method. send them a DM..dont post on their main page.

Userlevel 1
Badge

No resolution yet? Is T-Mobile listening?

Did you try turning off the Notification Settings?   What I did was go into notification settings, turned off the T-Mobile app notification, then closed.   Then, swiped the displayed message, and now no more messages show up.