Question

s23 Private Mode

• 25 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

My old Samsung had a “Private Mode” where I could store files that needed a password for access. I do not see that on my brand new S23. How do I hide files on this phone?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

In the Secure Folder.  I have never actually used it and used ADB to remove it because I don't keep anything on my phone I wouldn't want anyone else to see.

Badge

Ahhh, I’ve come across this menu before. On my old phone the “Private Mode” was integral to the phone. On the S23(t-mobile branded) it seems I have to go through some Samsung registration menu just to get what should have been a part of my phone in the first place. I should not have to give Samsung anything or create an account for this option. I’m wondering if the best solution is to find a 3rd party app which does something similar.

Am I misinterpreting what I see here? It seems that the phone will not let me have this function unless I store it in the google cloud.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

To get the most out of your device, a Samsung account is needed.  Apps like Goodluck and the RAW Camera app  just to name a couple, can only be downloaded from the Galaxy Store.  Samsung's e-mail app is also only available in the Galaxy Store. 

The Maintenance Mode might also be something similar to what you are looking for.  You can find it under Device Care in the Settings.