Question

S23 - volume goes to zero on its own

• 3 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Every now and again this phone S23 turns the ringer volume to zero and I miss calls or they go to VM. T-Mobile have done nothing to correct this. It happened again this morning and I missed 2 business calls. I do not have the sleep or do not disturb set. I plan to buy a Google phone and leave T-Mobile. I will have to try and sell the S23, but I have not found anyone who likes it - I owe almost $800 on the wretched thing and T-Mobile has been useless!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

do you have a case on your phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is it the physical button or a software issue?  Have you dropped the device at all?  I have an S23 Ultra and have never experienced any issues with the volume changing on its own.  Do you have any Modes or Routines that could be doing this?  Under Safety and Emergency, there is a setting that will automatically silence your notifications while driving.  Do you have that enabled?  

Badge

Thanks for your response - I have visited the T-Mobile store 3 times and they have not been able to help. I don’t have the silence while driving enabled and it’s just one of the unnecessary features on this phone, but thanks for letting me know about it. The problem may be something to do with the Plantronics bluetooth I use, but I had no problems with that when I had the Google Pixel and the last time it happened was at night when the bluetooth was turned off and I was asleep! So I’m going back to Google - getting a Pixel 7a and switching to Mint Mobile. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Isn’t Mint Mobile owned by T-Mobile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Isn’t Mint Mobile owned by T-Mobile?

Soon to be.

Badge

O crud! - thanks - I’m having second thoughts - there’s a lot of this going on right now - I was in the process of moving my bank account from Union Bank to US Bank when US bought out Union - strange these things don’t get in the news.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I use a pair of Sennheiser Momentus 4's a lot.  I have never experienced any issue with my volume changing on its own.  Have you checked to see if there might be an update for your Plantronics?  Is your device and apps up to date?