Question

Samsung Galaxy A52 5G refuses to use mobile data

• 7 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Ever since the last major update a few weeks ago, I’ve been having issues with my mobile data just being completely shut off. I’ve paid my bill, I’ve reset my network settings, I’ve even done a factory reset on the stupid device, and without fail, as soon as I leave my home and go anywhere, the transition from WiFi to mobile data just never happens. I’ve noticed the airplane mode icon on the quick menu would be semi-highlighted, and no amount of pressing the key, going into settings and switching it on and off, nothing has fixed the issue.
Has anybody else experienced this issue? I have to say, this is my 3rd Samsung, and it’s probably my last. This phone has sucked right out of the box, this is just the last straw. It reeks of planned obsolescence, considering it started happening after an update.

1 reply

Took everything I was going to say and complain about. Phone does not connect to the network. Light blue Airplane mode. I called Samsung and Tmobile and they have no answers other than to reset settings. I also did the factory reset. The light blue mode went away but still no network settings. I also suspect this was a planned failure. Every Samsung phone I have ever owned failed after 2 years. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Expensive phones. Budget phones. Doesn’t matter. This is also Samsung’s last draw with me as far as phones go. I am playing with riskier fixes now such as custom OS downloads and the reboot menu to see if I can force it back on the network. The phone is useless anyways so I might as well try. The OnePlus N200 is out for $300 and I might try them. The only difference from the A52 is a loss of 2GB of ram which is significant but better than spending $700 on a phone from big tech, Google, Apple, Samsung. It’s a Chinese brand which I’m a little iffy about as is TCL but at this point what else can I do. All of the makers as far as I’m concerned all of them have sketchy reputations. I switched the SIM card into a 3 year old off brand phone no longer made, that still works as a temporary solution.  Good Luck