Question

Samsung Galaxy S23 running hot

• 28 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have tried 2 Samsung Galaxy S23’s and both are running hot, even when off charge.  I have read that there is a serious problem with this phone , but the T-Mobile is not acknowledging this and charges @20.00 for each switch.

What can I do to switch to another phone model?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

pay off the current one. your post in here has been the first mention of a overheating problem with the S23s. at least in here.. and the carrier doesnt get to make the call on whether a device has an issue or not..the OEM does..they announce that there is in fact an issue with it then the carriers follow suite..think back to the Note 8 or 7...whichever one was blowing up...Samsung had to make that call..the carrier can not.

anywho..usually the only time i have ran into issues with my device heating up was while stuck in very poor reception areas..your phone basically sits there trying to search out a new signal over and over to try and improve things.

took a gander at Vs forums and im seeing reports of texting issues but nothing for overheating. ditto here..actually not seeing much mentioned about the S23 in general over here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have had my s23 Ultra since 11 days before the official launch.  I have had zero issues with heat and this is the first I have heard a complaint about heat.  I frequent a lot of cell forums, including XDA.  I have not seen any complaints about the device getting hot, even under the heaviest use.